Don’t worry about kiosks, due dates, or late fees. With unlimited entertainment for one monthly flat fee, it’s just happiness delivered to your door!
• Tens of thousands of movies and TV shows, including the hottest new releases
• Browse DVDs and Blu-rays by genre and mood: new releases, comedy movies, horror movies, romantic movies, etc.
• Quickly add and arrange your queued titles on-the-go
• Get personalized recommendations and discover new gems
• Search for movies, TV shows, actors, genres, and channels (HBO, Showtime, AMC)
• We’ll notify you when we ship you something
• New releases are added every week
How does DVD Netflix work?
1) Browse our extensive catalog and build a queue of titles
2) We send you DVD or Blu-ray discs with free shipping both ways
3) Watch and enjoy – keep as long as you want with no late fees or due dates
4) Return with the prepaid envelope and we’ll send another disc, usually the next day
Plans start at just $4.99 per month and your first month is free. Get movie night delivered with a tap of your finger.
* Fixes for crashes related to Search (our sincerest apologies)
Ratings and Reviews
I think app is pretty good, but lacking is the ability to be able to search and/or alphabetize History. I just got Gifted and realized I saw it in July. It used to be, at least in a Full View, that when you put in Gifted, it would tell you when you returned it. In the app, when you search the movie, it doesn’t tell you. The only option you have is to scroll through your history list. It should be easy to add search to history, or add the option to alphabetize. I don’t appreciate reordering movies and it’s hard to remember every movie seen since we’ve been with Netflix since it’s beginning. Please consider expanding this functionality.
This app has grown into its own very well. I remember the first version or two it just looked like a zoomed in version of the browser page. This latest update (not sure when it happened) has turned it into a sleek iPhone app. This is definitely going to be a handy app once Big Telecom puts caps on home internet plans and everyone comes back to BluRay deliveries by mail. Keep up the good work on this app Netflix!!
Poorly designed queue
If you have a lot of movies in your queue, you have to scroll down many times to get to the latest additions.
Then, when you touch a movie so you can read the details, it changes to a new screen. Then when you touch the back arrow, it returns you NOT to the movie you just read about, but back to the top. So, you have to swipe down again and again to get back to the bottom of your list.
Suggestions for your next update:
1. When you are in the queue and touch on a title to get details, then go back, return to the exact same spot in the queue, so you can then move the movie up to the top of the list (or continue looking at the movies in that area of your queue).
2. Have a link at the top to take you directly to the bottom of your queue. Because when a saved movie gets added to your list, it always goes to the bottom of the queue. That’s where I generally go to decide what to put up to the top of my list.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.