Don’t worry about kiosks, due dates, or late fees. With unlimited entertainment for one monthly flat fee, it’s just happiness delivered to your door!
• Tens of thousands of movies and TV shows, including the hottest new releases
• Browse DVDs and Blu-rays by genre and mood: new releases, comedy movies, horror movies, romantic movies, etc.
• Quickly add and arrange your queued titles on-the-go
• Get personalized recommendations and discover new gems
• Search for movies, TV shows, actors, genres, and channels (HBO, Showtime, AMC)
• We’ll notify you when we ship you something
• New releases are added every week
How does DVD Netflix work?
1) Browse our extensive catalog and build a queue of titles
2) We send you DVD or Blu-ray discs with free shipping both ways
3) Watch and enjoy – keep as long as you want with no late fees or due dates
4) Return with the prepaid envelope and we’ll send another disc, usually the next day
Plans start at just $4.99 per month and your first month is free. Get movie night delivered with a tap of your finger.
* See more of your rental history
* Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I think app is pretty good, but lacking is the ability to be able to search and/or alphabetize History. I just got Gifted and realized I saw it in July. It used to be, at least in a Full View, that when you put in Gifted, it would tell you when you returned it. In the app, when you search the movie, it doesn’t tell you. The only option you have is to scroll through your history list. It should be easy to add search to history, or add the option to alphabetize. I don’t appreciate reordering movies and it’s hard to remember every movie seen since we’ve been with Netflix since it’s beginning. Please consider expanding this functionality.
This app has grown into its own very well. I remember the first version or two it just looked like a zoomed in version of the browser page. This latest update (not sure when it happened) has turned it into a sleek iPhone app. This is definitely going to be a handy app once Big Telecom puts caps on home internet plans and everyone comes back to BluRay deliveries by mail. Keep up the good work on this app Netflix!!
Not designed for discovering new content
This app has a few fundamental flaws. It is not designed for discovering new content. There is no way to rate a movie you have already watched (somewhere else like Cinema) and thereby remove it from suggestions. I don't believe there is a way to do that for movies you have watched through this app. The other major flaw is that it does not tell you if the content is available to stream. Netflix makes such a guys about how both services are two independent sub companies yet they work in the same fashion. I do not recommend this app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.