** The app is FREE with 8 hours of continuous recording. You can extend it to unlimited hours with an in-app purchase.
DVR.Webcam – Google Drive Edition is a plug-and-play solution to personal surveillance for audio/video recording. It is a cloud-based DVR (digital video recorder) app that uses Google Drive as its cloud storage. You run the app on your mac that serves as the DVR station. It will let you record video from your cameras, and view time-lapse recording remotely.
Unlike other cloud-based camera services, this app does NOT charge you monthly. It simply uses your spare Google Drive storage for the camera recording.
When in use, the app automatically records camera’s video (in the case of webcams, audio as well) and streams it over to your Google Drive. You can define X number of days to keep the DVR recordings in the cloud, and the app will automatically manage the storage for you.
Viewing the DVR is entirely cross-platform and web-based. To view your DVR, simply visit http://dvr.webcam website from any computer or mobile device, and use our online DVR viewer with Chrome browser. There is no need to configure firewall or router for remote viewing, or using a 3rd party viewing app.
Visit us at http://dvr.webcam for more info.
* Continuous Recording. The app records continuously, and you can set X number of days to keep the recordings in the cloud.
* Webcam Support with Audio. The app works with your computer’s built-in cameras as well as external USB webcams. You can even add webcam audio to the recording.
* IP Camera Support. The app works with MJPEG, JPEG and H.264 based IP Cameras on your network. You can easily add your IP Cameras using templates from the app. The app supports a large number of IP cameras models such as Axis, Foscam, Trendnet, D-Link, Panasonic, Geovision, etc.
* Motion Detection. The app continuously monitors motion levels, and you can easily see the motion levels from our online viewer.
* Email Notification. The app can notify you via Email when motion is detected by your camera. You can then remotely log on and view your camera from anywhere.
* Multi-camera Support. The app simultaneously supports up to 12 cameras.
* Easy Remote Viewing. View from any other device using a web browser. There is no need for firewall or network configuration, or 3rd party viewer app.
* Security. Your DVR recording is stored securely as any data on Google Drive.
* Privacy. Simply use your Google Drive account to sign on, and no need to sign up for other service.
* Easy to Scale Up. You can easily extend the recording length or add more cameras by extending your Google Drive storage space.
Improve reliability and bug fixes.
Updated the OS requirement.
Ratings and Reviews
Don’t waste your time or money on this app. I’ve been trying out this app for about a month. It works well untill it crashes! Too bad they can’t update this app!
Works as advertised.. kinda
Was looking for a free to use ipCam viewer and went through a fair bit of apps.. some were not worth spending on, others were a hassle to setup..
Found this and got it setup easily within 30 mins for 6 cameras. It had all the various types of cameras i am using so setup was a breeze.
Only qualms i have i guess is the interface.. cameras automatically start off recording and ways to turn off the recording isnt as obvious but after testing a few buttons and toggles managed to set it up the way i required it.
It was motion detection included though ive yet to use it (dont need it).
Id give it a 4 minus 1 for the non-intuitive interface but that said its works great.
Not really practical
When the program functions, it looks like a great solution in a slim market, however with it’s faults it isn’t very useful. First, you must login to Google each time the program starts, the “remember me” option does not work. Second, the program habitually goes unresponsive or crashes within a couple hours, making long term or unattended not an option. In fact the program seemed more stable in the free mode with the restrictions than it does with the paid version.
If you are looking for an application that will record ip or webcams to a cloud account for long durations, a security camera sort of function, that is robust enough to restart automatically on power failure or crash, this is not stable enough to depend on.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.