DXi is a FM synthesizer application inspired by 80's most popular FM synthesizer. You will enjoy creating sounds as well as playing music with this application.
FM synthesizer is still popular among many people by its unique tone. We carefully selected parameters from original synthesizer so you will be enjoy editing tone with them easily. You need to know some technique to tweak the tone, but you will be able to get DXi's special tone and effects while having some fun!
Creating sound effects is another idea to enjoy DXi.
We loaded 16 step loop sequencer as a bonus feature!
If you remember the days of FM synthesizers, try creating the tone you remember from them.
If you have no experience with any FM synthesizer, we are sure you will be enjoying the unique tone world!
* 4 operators FM synthesizer
* Anti-ailiased oscillator
* 8 algorithms
* Envelope, frequency (Ratio or Fixed), waveform (12 types) can be set each operators.
* Feedback control on operator number 4.
* 2 master effects (LPF with Resonance and Delay)
* Unison mode
* Spectrum and oscilloscope view
* Import/Export function to save the tone you created. (URL schema text string format)
* Audio recording function. And you can transport recorded audio file, .wav, onto Mac/PC via iTunes file sharing.
* Clipboard audio sharing support. You can export recorded waveform to other application via clipboard. It's compatible with Intua's clipboard.
* Supports external MIDI keyboards via Core MIDI USB adapters.
* Supports background audio and virtual MIDI input port.
* Supports Audiobus.
- Added MIDI CC#64 Dumper Pedal (Sustain) support
- Fixed minor bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Overall the best 4 Operator FM synth for iOS
Don't get me wrong, I still like FM4. However, DXi would get a fifth star if it had an LFO separate form the Mod Wheel and detuning features. Pitch envelopes would be nice too. While the FM4 has the advantage of LFOs, different sound engines, more flexible settings, and an arpeggiator, it suffers from being abandoned. DXi has the advantage of being more up-to-date, being universal, it sounds just as good, option to turn off anti-aliasing, a true sequencer, better MIDI (I assume), full control of pitch in ratio or fixed mode, more pleasing interface, etc.
Hands down the easiest FM synth on iOS
I'm really glad the developer keeps providing support to this little jewel of a synth. Comparing this app with it's closer adversaries (FM4, TX7, iYM2151) DXi still wins. I'll tell you why:
DXi has the easiest way to fiddle with FM parameters via the ADSR screen. Also, DXi has a recorder, MIDI capable, ACP and Audiobus ready, making it easy to integrate to your sonic arsenal.
I'm still hoping for the capability of opening SYX files from old FM synths like the 4-OP Yamaha TX81Z. That would make this app the king FM synth to have.
i’ve bought almost all of the midi keyboard apps currently available and i want to tell every perspective buyer that this one blends with real instruments (acoustic guitars, bass, drums) better than ANY of the high dollar synth apps out there and for a small fraction of the price. seriously, hundreds of dollars spent and this is the app that i end up using over and over when it’s time to add “keyboards” to human made music. buy it
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.