By Green Creek Technology, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
DxSpot is your mobile access into the Amateur Radio DX cluster network and contact Logbook for your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
With DxSpot you can connect to the DX cluster of your choice. The internal database supplies the connection parameters to over 300 DX clusters. Once connected enjoy formatted table views of DX spots, capture your contacts in the Logbook, display ARRL DXCC information including bands/mode worked, confirmed and DXCC granted. Display connected users, cluster announcements, colorized WWV propagation data, and latest DX news.
Please note: This application is for licensed Amateur Radio operators. A valid amateur radio call sign is required. Please refer to http://www.GreenCreekTechnology.com/apps/DxSpot for more information.
- The DxSpot database contains the connection parameters for over 300 Internet DX Clusters
- Add your favorite clusters to the Favorites list
- Create custom connection parameters to access private or new clusters
- Automatic cluster logon including optional password entry
- Telnet access to the cluster console
- Ability to enter cluster commands
- Monitor DX spots in real time creating formatted table displays
- Display DX by Date/Time or Frequency
- Filter DX Spots by the spotter or DX station call sign, DXCC Prefix, CQ or ITU zones, band or mode
- Visible and audible DX spot alerting
- Capture DX contacts in the Logbook
- World maps showing the location of the DX, along with the range, bearing and great circle path between your location and the DX (Location services are required)
- Export the Logbook in CSV or ADIF format
- Import your existing Logbook keeping track of all your contacts
- Support for QRZ.COM XML LogBook Data (QRZ.COM XML subscription required)
- Support for HamQTH XML callbook search (HamQTH account required)
- Display colorized WWV propagation data
- Display users currently connected to the cluster
- Display cluster announcements
- Automatic QRZ.COM WEB page search by DX, spotter or User call signs
- DXCC entity display containing: DXCC country name, flag, DXCC prefix, entity number, continent, CQ / ITU zones, latitude/longitude and GMT time offset
- DXCC entity displays the bands/modes worked, QSL confirmed and DXCC granted
- DXCC entity displayable on the world map
- Display DX news from the Ohio/Penn, ARRL, 425 DX, Dx World and DXCOFFEE
- Display Contest and DXpedition Calendars
- Display HF Nets
- Integrated Help
What's New in Version 3.0.8
- Added support for CW and RTTY Skimmer Server direct connection
- Add UTC time to DX Spot display
- Added support for cluster skimmer spots
- Cluster database update
Ok but needs work
The overall look is nice but a few functions don't work and nobody is responding to my support request.
When you click on a spot, the app is setup to go onto either QRZ or HAMQTH. I have a sign on for both but I keep getting an error message that my username and password are incorrect even though I double checked them. So basically if you log a QSO via the app, the name and other information will not populate.
The logbook also doesn't recognize imported adif files so this function can't be used. I haven't tried to export yet but my hopes aren't up right now.
Lastly, spots are listed with the oldest ones up too. I can't find any way to reverse this. Every other spotting app I use shows the newest spot up top.
I understand that apps may have a problem or two but at $3.99 I do expect a response to my support request. I waited 4 days to post this review including a weekend so I don't understand why they don't answer.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 29, 2016
- Version: 3.0.8
- Size: 7.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Green Creek Technology LLC
- © 2012-2016 Green Creek Technology LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.