Dyrii is an unusual journaling tool for life loggers, travelers, quantified self-enthusiasts, and practically anyone looking to record key moments of their life. It supports both active and passive (auto) journaling and is perfect for recording things retroactively.
With Dyrii, you can take rich text entries containing inline photos, audio, video, location geo-tags, health/mood tags, and weather information. You can even capture handwritten entries using Apple Pencil on iPad.
Here are some usage examples:
- Write privately instead of on social media.
- On busy days, capture photos, audio, video on the go.
- Automatically log all the places you visit in a day
- Keep notes on your health and mood.
- Effortlessly write using a library of templates specialized for dream notes, gratitude, annual resolutions, CBT, Health & wellness etc.
>> KEY FEATURES:
• Timeline for all your private posts and activities.
• Record rich text, photos, audio, video, sketches, handwritten notes.
• Advanced Editor with inline formatting and multiple attachments.
• Perspectives - provides various views into your data such as Flashback, Map View, Places Visited etc.
• Sketch Library - gain full access to sketch backgrounds.
• DayView to easily glimpse through your days.
• Sync your data across Mac, iPhone, and iPad
• Tags for organizing and indexing your own way
• Health & Mood tracker - to keep notes about health incidents
• Private Storage to securely store your data in your iCloud Account
• Offline Mode to store data locally on the device for additional privacy
• Other features such as Passcode & Touch ID, Print to PDF, and import data from other apps
We'd love to answer your questions or just hear what you think about Dyrii. Find us online at:
Support Center: http://support.dyrii.com
Learn more about Dyrii at www.dyrii.com
Important Announcement: We are placing Dyrii in a maintenance mode and pausing new feature development. As a Dyrii user, this means:
- You will be able to continue using the app with no loss of existing functionality. Since Dyrii uses iCloud for storage and sync, there will be no impact on your data or its availability. All existing features will continue to function as advertised.
- We are discontinuing the current subscription model and the app will now be available in the App Store under a new one-time pricing model.
- If you are an existing premium subscriber, your subscription will automatically terminate at the end of its current term, following which you will have full access to the app without any additional charges.
- We will continue to support the app and will roll out updates as necessary to fix bugs and defects. However, we are unable to add any new features at this time.
Here are some of the key enhancements we have included in the current release:
- New design for timeline view.
Ratings and Reviews
The Best Journaling App I Have Ever Used
Finally there is a journaling app I can feel good about. I have used a number of different journaling apps over the years but Dyrii is the only one that is feature rich and promises to protect my privacy. Think about this, journals have always been private things. So why would you use a journaling app that does not protect your privacy? If you want a public journal then blog.
Dyrii has some unique features that I especially appreciate such as afterthoughts, diary writing with Apple Pencil, and tracking trail walks rides. Yes this feature is present in Google Maps and Foursquare but with Dyrii it is safely recorded in your iCloud account and not on a third party server. In fact Dyrii is so feature rich that it probably has whatever feature one would reasonably want in a journaling app including the ability to migrate my data from Day One. For me Dyrii has been some of the best money I have ever spent on an application. My only regret is that I did not discover it sooner.
Initial reaction is very positive
I’ve just started using Dyrii, but I wanted to write this early review because I had a problem with subscribing and sent a support email on a Sunday and got an almost immediate reply. Together we worked out the problem. I was very impressed with the support. So five-stars for that!
I also am giving five-stars for a feature that I haven’t seen in other journal apps. After you’ve written a journal entry, you can add “Afterthoughts.” These look like text messages that you write to yourself as you have different thoughts about the original content of the entry. I love this feature. There is a difference between appending or editing an entry — which, of course, you can do with Dyrii — and applying these short afterthoughts. It can really help you see how your thoughts have evolved, or highlight new information that came in after the initial entry was written. Bravo.
So far the rest of the app works as expected.
Hands down the best journal app
I used Day One before it added encryption back in 2014; I had been devoted to MacJournal since and had to look for an alternative because MacJournal for iPad does not seem to work well syncing across platforms. I also tried Journey before Dyrii but ran into immediate road blocks because it only supports import from Day One. I was able to import into Dyrii flawlessly with years of journaling intact. In addition, I am able to use Dyrii on iPad, iPhone and Mac efforlessly! I am simply in love with Dyrii since it works syncing across platforms, easy portability from other journaling apps, geolocation, tagging, and Audio notes – all features that make this a powerful journaling app. I post way more with Dyrii! Thanks for creating such an awesome and superior product, I couldn’t wait to buy the Premium version!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.