Ghotit Dyslexia Keyboard for iPad and iPhone helps people with dyslexia or dysgraphia to write, proofread and correct their English texts.
The keyboard predicts words by using Ghotit Quick Spell Word-Prediction, the technology designed for writers with typing issues and phonetic writers; this technology increases writing speed and successfully predicts intended words with instant correction of the first misspelled letters.
The keyboard corrects texts by using patented Ghotit Text Correction Engine fixing misspelled, confused words, homophones, grammar and punctuation errors made by those with dyslexia.
The main features are:
- "Talking" Word-Prediction with grammar and phonetics awareness;
- Quick-Spell Word-Prediction with instant correction for phonetic writers;
- Phonetic and context-sensitive spell checker;
- Advanced grammar and punctuation corrector;
- Effective proofreader;
- Speak as you write (speech feedback);
- Reading assistance with dual highlighting;
- Integrated dictionaries;
- US, UK, Canadian and Australian English dictionaries.
Text correction requires Internet connection. All other features are working offline.
- Gill Sans font could be configured as the keyboard font
- Faster typing when "Read As I Write" (Speech Feedback) is enabled
- Fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I purchased this for my 10yr old son who is dyslexic. I wish there was a free trial of some sort before paying full price.
This is an Educational App following Apple's iTunes rules for such apps, namely:
- all features are initially available;
- there are no ads;
- there are no free trials or etc. periods;
- there are no in-app purchases.
If you need to learn the Best Practices, please look at the app's support page. Address your questions by email to Ghotit Support Team, and we'll help you.
So far so good.
I'm liking the keyboard so far. My only complaint about it is that it make my keyboard buttons hard to press. Especially the space button. I'm an author and I type a lot on my iPad mini. The whole reason for getting this keyboard is because I'm dyslexia and have a major problem with writing and grammar. I like all the features of the keyboard but like I said the only problem is it make my keyboard buttons hard to touch. I actually disabled the keyboard for that reason I plan on using it but only when I go back to edit my stuff. I'm hoping y'all can improve it so the buttons won't be so hard to push so I can use it all the time.
Thank you for your appreciation.
The issue related to "tough" space button has been fixed by the latest 2.2 update.
Our email for support if/when required is firstname.lastname@example.org .
Ghotit Support Team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.