By Northern Speech Services, Inc
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Excellent visual tool to aid professionals in educating patients and families about swallowing disorders. This app features state-of-the-art animations derived from MBSImP™ research on swallowing physiology and impairment. The custom-designed video animations accurately depict normal swallow physiology and provide clear examples of varying physiologic impairments of the swallow. Video controls allow for zoom, slow motion, pause, and frame-by-frame forward and reverse. Also new in this version is a brief audio-visual overview of normal swallow function.
Animations are of adult physiology and include:
• Normal Swallow, Lateral View
• Normal Swallow, A/P View
• Example of Penetration with Aspiration
• Impairment of Anterior Hyoid Excursion
• Impairment of Bolus Hold
• Impairment of Bolus Transport
• Impairment of Epiglottic Movement
• Impairment of Esophageal Clearance
• Impairment of Initiation of Pharyngeal Swallow
• Impairment of Laryngeal Elevation
• Impairment of Laryngeal Vestibular Closure
• Impairment of Lip Closure
• Impairment of Mastication
• Impairment of PES Opening
• Impairment of Pharyngeal Contraction
• Impairment of Pharyngeal Stripping Wave
• Impairment of Soft Palate Elevation
• Impairment of Tongue Base Retraction
• Animations depict adult physiology, including normal swallow.
• The animations included in this app accurately represent the anatomy and physiology of normal and impaired swallowing function. They were developed in conjunction with the evidence-based "Modified Barium Swallow Impairment Profile," or MBSImP.
• Rarely does one physiologic swallow impairment exist alone. This app highlights primary impairments, but co-existing impairments typically occur and the examples shown here are no exception.
• Available for iPhone and iPad.
What's New in Version 2.1
Added 8 new impairment animation videos
Added a narrated overview of normal swallow function
Enabled screen zoom feature for animation videos
Expanded educational resources
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Jun 02, 2017
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 309 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Northern Speech Services, Inc
- © 2012-2017 Northern Speech Services, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.