By E! Entertainment Television, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The E! Online app has been given a complete makeover! We’ve drastically upgraded the design, packed in all of our great content, and added a ton of new features.
• Faster videos and revamped news articles that now include photos, videos, and other exciting content.
• View the latest news, photos, and videos on a slick new home screen that’s quick and easy to use.
• Flip through thousands of gorgeous celebrity photos in all new full-screen galleries.
• Stay connected with our live streams, so you’ll never miss out on what’s happening on the red carpet.
• Keep up with the latest styles and trends for everything from fashion to food in our Fabulist section.
• Stay informed up-to-the minute with push notifications and breaking E! News Now videos.
• Catch our best clips of your favorite E! Shows like Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Fashion Police, and The Soup.
• Stay on top of the day's hot topics and trending stars, and keep up with the latest gossip and TV Scoop.
• Easily share articles, photos, and videos with your friends, and become the go-to entertainment expert.
E! Online will always be the authority on entertainment and pop culture, and now the app you’ve always loved is better than ever!
For full episode programming, download the E! Now app, available in the App Store.
What's New in Version 4.1.2
Minor enhancements and bug fixes
Number One: The rampant grammar and spelling errors drive me insane. I'm one to forgive an error here or there, but this is too much. Every article has at least two typos or mistakes. And if E! can't afford an editor, at least use spell check! I don't want to make any assumptions about who is hired and how they are on-boarded, but it leaves something to be desired.
Second: The stylistic choice or narratives (I'm not calling it journalism) are way too something. And I understand that the tone of the app is going for fun by using up-to-date use of pop culture terms to connect with the user, but honestly it's too much. What it needs is a bit more professionalism. All the articles sound like Giuliana Rancic clones wrote it.
I didn't want to rant but the straw that broke the camel's back was seeing the headline "Relieve Emma Stones and Andrew Garfield's Cutest Moments". What? Like seriously, what? It's a headline! Why didn't someone say anything?! It's RELIVE.
Used to be a good app
This app has really gone down hill. It used to be all about celebrities and entertainment, and now all I see is left-leaning politics, adds everywhere, and way too many spelling and grammar errors. Apparently no one proofreads articles anymore. I don't come to this app to read about the bias political opinions of these reporters (I'm not really that into politics, I just find this to be really irritating). There are so many adds that I can't even read an article without them popping up and interrupting. & I constantly wonder why there are so many grammar and punctuation mistakes. I mean, I know this is entertainment news and it's not a huge deal, but writing is their job, so I just feel like it's not a lot to ask that they proofread. All in all, this app is still alright, and by "alright" I mean that I would give it a D as a grade.
Could be so much better!
This app is one of my most used apps as well as one of my most hated apps. Crashes every other time I open it if not every time. And in 2015, it's still not interactive. Still cannot comment on anything. Also, would it really be that much trouble to find people who know how to properly place videos in articles. 70 percent of the time, the headline reads watch now without giving us anything in the article to actually watch. One last thing, figure out how to make the entire title of the article show up on the home page. Simple things. Why is this not a given? Not even getting into the content. (Wouldn't hurt to maybe do some peer reviews or use spellcheck though) loved the article about North West getting her curly hair from her aunt Khloe and not her Black father. Great, socially conscious content y'all are giving us. Excuse my sarcasm.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: May 28, 2015
- Version: 4.1.2
- Size: 19.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Latin, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: E! Entertainment Television, Inc.
- © 2015 E! Entertainment Television, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.