By E! Entertainment Television, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The E! Online app has been given a complete makeover! We’ve drastically upgraded the design, packed in all of our great content, and added a ton of new features.
• Faster videos and revamped news articles that now include photos, videos, and other exciting content.
• View the latest news, photos, and videos on a slick new home screen that’s quick and easy to use.
• Flip through thousands of gorgeous celebrity photos in all new full-screen galleries.
• Stay connected with our live streams, so you’ll never miss out on what’s happening on the red carpet.
• Keep up with the latest styles and trends for everything from fashion to food in our Fabulist section.
• Stay informed up-to-the minute with push notifications and breaking E! News Now videos.
• Catch our best clips of your favorite E! Shows like Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Fashion Police, and The Soup.
• Stay on top of the day's hot topics and trending stars, and keep up with the latest gossip and TV Scoop.
• Easily share articles, photos, and videos with your friends, and become the go-to entertainment expert.
E! Online will always be the authority on entertainment and pop culture, and now the app you’ve always loved is better than ever!
For full episode programming, download the E! Now app, available in the App Store.
What's New in Version 4.1.1
Minor enhancements and bug fixes
The ads are getting obtrusive. I get that it's ad-supported but now they pop up more often instead of being kept at the bottom, and sponsered content is injected into real articles/stories. That's getting to be too much, and teetering on deletion. The content is still decent although I may throw up if I see another story about any Kardashian (again - subversive advertising seeing as a story on them to keep their names in the news is free press for the network.) I do enjoy my trashy entertainment news (minus aforementioned family) so I'll let it stick around and see where it goes from here. It also still has issues with the time-line of stories occasionally where you can't find today's articles, but ones from 3 days ago are at the top of the feed. A simple close out and restart of the app fixes the problem, but it is annoying. With all the ad revenue, they should be able to pay decent developers to figure this out. (Btw I use a brand - new Iphone 6 with plenty of space left on it -so I know it's not my device.) Overall I give it a C+ to a B-
Celebrity news = entertaining/fun/informative
We can argue if "Celebrity News"is actually news but you know what? Whatever the case may be, E! Does it right with their app. I can read articles, find out quick tidbits of current happenings in the entertainment industry, and look at videos and pictures quickly! The UI and navigation is intuitive and the styling is right on cue with that they're doing online. I use this app daily to pursue for news, especially when real news is fraught with sad stories... This app is a great, entertaining, and yes informative for those of us out there that aren't trolling the web but just reading for fun!
Fix the problems already!
Clearly the developers must know the app has some issues! Some of the links don't even work. I may tap one article to read, but different story comes up. And no matter how much I shut the app down and restart, the links still don't match up. Also, I'll be scrolling through the stories and out of no where, videos from different story links will just start playing. Finally, the app crashes often. If these problems are fixed, the app is great, because the story are entertaining to read! I hope someone capable of fixing the problems reads these review!!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Feb 02, 2015
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 18.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Latin, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: E! Entertainment Television, Inc.
- © 2014 E! Entertainment Television, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.