By Kris Arndt
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A complete 3D chess experience in HD. Swipe rotate and pinch to zoom to adjust the board to any viewing angle. Watch as your Queen moves in real time to its destination and obliterates the opposing piece. Play online with Game Center, Bluetooth or locally against your friends, family and other chess enthusiasts.
- 3D board and pieces with the ability to rotate to any view
- Game Center achievements, leaderboard, matchmaking and voice chat
- Play against a computer opponent
- 2 player local mode
- Play online or over Bluetooth versus your friends
- Official FIDE (Elo) rating system
- iPad support
- Retina display support
- 4 different 3D environments
- Online leaderboard
- Lobby notifications notify you when your game is joined or a move is made
- Multiplayer chat
- 2D button to lock the screen in 2D mode
- 2D piece set option for 2D mode
- 3D lock view button
- Optional auto rotate that saves each player's viewing angle and returns to it after each move (perfect for the iPad)
- Online games can be played at any pace and your opponent does not need to be online to play
- Save and load previous games
- Load a saved game and play it with a friend via Bluetooth
- PGN export and load
- Varying computer opponent difficulty
- FICS (freechess.org) integration.
What's New in Version 1.0.28
- Fixed FICS game issues.
Good but bluetooth bugs
I bought this to play two player over bluetooth but there seems to be a UI bug where the other device doesn't show up during selection of bluetooth connection. I managed to click some squiggly line and eventually made a connection but it was very buggy and would sometimes crash.
Bought this for a car trip, but list of available BT devices on both iPads shows an empty list.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 16, 2014
- Version: 1.0.28
- Size: 40.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kris Arndt
- © 2014 Kris Arndt
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.