Collect notes, e-mails, and Web pages on your Mac, and search them instantly. EagleFiler makes organizing and managing your information easy. It lets you archive and search mail, Web pages, PDF files, word processing documents, images, and more. Use it to collect information from a variety of sources. Browse different types of files using a familiar three-pane interface. Organize them into folders and annotate them with tags and notes, or leave everything in one folder and pin-point the information you need using the live search. Since EagleFiler stores its library in Finder format, you can use it in concert with the other tools in your Mac ecosystem.
EagleFiler in a nutshell:
* With a single keypress, import Web pages, mail messages, or any file on your Mac.
* EagleFiler stores them in an open format: regular files and folders that are fully accessible to your other applications.
* Optionally: encrypt the files, add tags, notes, color-coded labels, and other metadata.
* Browse by folder or by tag, or use the live search or smart folders to find the information you need (faster than Spotlight).
* View, edit, or create documents directly in EagleFiler's streamlined interface, or double-click to edit using another application.
EagleFiler is a digital filing cabinet, a research assistant, snippet collector, and document organizer. You can use it to write a journal, track all the files for a project or job, manage your bookmarks, save your favorite Web articles, store financial statements and receipts, run a paperless office, plan a trip, collect your course notes, archive your e-mail correspondence, search mailing list archives, research a purchase, remember recipes to cook or books to read, store scientific papers, sort photos, gather legal case notes, or assemble a scrapbook. It’s the most flexible tool on your Mac.
“It’s a vital tool for the digital pack rat.…The application’s tagging, note-taking, and searching capabilities make finding that one file you stored in EagleFiler a year ago and want to retrieve today a cinch.” —Macworld
“EagleFiler combines ease of use with an underlying ingenuity that makes it feel simple, fast, and lightweight. It’s packed with too many clever touches for me to list.” —TidBITS
“Using EagleFiler, I can now stop fussing with organization tools and just get myself organized.” —InformationWeek
- Improved EagleFiler's importing from Evernote. EagleFiler now converts the notes to macOS's standard Rich Text With Attachments (RTFD) format, preserving images and attached files, text formatting, and metadata (tags, title, author, source URL, dates). This is further described in the "Import ENEX File..." section of the manual.
- EagleFiler now supports importing using Continuity Camera (requires macOS 10.14). This is described in the "Import from iPhone Camera" section of the manual.
- On macOS 10.14, you can import from Finder via a Quick Action. This is described in the "Importing via a Quick Action" section of the manual.
- The capture key now works with NetNewsWire 5.
- You can now use PopClip to import the selected text into EagleFiler, as described in the "Importing via PopClip" section of the manual.
- Plain HTML is now a supported Web page format for importing. This can be useful if you want to preserve the original HTML text content but don't want the overhead of a Web archive or prefer to use a format that works in all browsers.
- The "Convert for Editing" command now works with HTML files (rather than just Web archives).
- When importing via AppleScript, there is a new "allowing duplicates" option to temporarily override the application-wide "Allow duplicate files in library" preference.
- Added support for importing tags and notes from the forthcoming MailTags 6.
- Made various fixes/improvements for Dark Mode.
- Made various performance improvements.
If you enjoy using EagleFiler, please take a minute to rate it or leave a review. We’d really appreciate it.
Ratings and Reviews
trouble with app store version; download fixed it
The version downloaded from app store refused to open, but I was able to download directly from the website to get things working again.
Developer Response ,
Please contact us via e-mail and include an error report https://c-command.com/eaglefiler/help/sending-in-an-error-rep and we’ll try to help. Most EagleFiler users have already updated, and we’ve not received any other reports like this. That and the fact that the problem occurs before EagleFiler loads seem to suggest an issue with the store or something specific to your Mac.
Tags with Spaces!
Woo hoo, tag can finally have spaces!
I haven’t tested it yet, but the app shoud finally play nicely with my existing files (which was a major annoyance for me in the last version).
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback. Now that tags are a native macOS feature, you make a great point that EagleFiler tags should work the same way. As of EagleFiler 1.8.2, they do.
EagleFiler is the best of the bunch.
I am a big fan of EagleFiler and suggest you read my review of version 1.5.3 which you will find under the "All Versions" tab. Suffice it to say that I have purchased and tried almost every application in this class and found all of the others lacking in some significant way. For me, EagleFiler stands alone as the one that meets all of my needs. With this most recent version (1.5.4) I would like to add one new point I forgot to mention in my earlier review: C-Command Software is very active about polishing and improving this product. Look at the list of "What's New in 1.5.4" above and you will see a pattern of great attention to detail. Don't let the price of EagleFiler scare you away. This is the best of the bunch and worth the money.
- C-Command Software, LLC
- 21.1 MB
- OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, French, German, Korean
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2019 C-Command Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.