By C-Command Software, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Collect notes, e-mails, and Web pages on your Mac, and search them instantly. EagleFiler makes managing your information easy. It lets you archive and search mail, Web pages, PDF files, word processing documents, images, and more. Use it to collect information from a variety of sources. Browse different types of files using a standard three-pane interface. Organize them into folders and annotate them with tags and notes, or leave everything in one folder and pin-point the information you need using the live search. Since EagleFiler stores its library in Finder format, it works smoothly with your other favorite Mac applications.
EagleFiler in a nutshell:
* With a single keypress, import Web pages, mail messages, or any file on your Mac.
* EagleFiler stores them in an open format: regular files and folders that are fully accessible to your other applications.
* Optionally: encrypt the files, add tags, notes, color-coded labels, and other metadata.
* Browse by folder or by tag, or use the live search or smart folders to find the information you need (faster than Spotlight).
* View, edit, or create documents directly in EagleFiler's streamlined interface, or double-click to edit using another application.
EagleFiler is a digital filing cabinet, a research assistant, and a snippet collector. You can use it to write a journal, track all the files for a project or job, save your favorite Web articles, store financial statements and receipts, run a paperless office, plan a trip, collect your course notes, archive your e-mail correspondence, search mailing list archives, research a purchase, remember recipes to cook or books to read, store scientific papers, gather legal case notes, or assemble a scrapbook. It's the most flexible tool on your Mac.
“It’s a vital tool for the digital pack rat.…The application’s tagging, note-taking, and searching capabilities make finding that one file you stored in EagleFiler a year ago and want to retrieve today a cinch.” —Macworld
“EagleFiler combines ease of use with an underlying ingenuity that makes it feel simple, fast, and lightweight. It’s packed with too many clever touches for me to list.” —TidBITS
“Using EagleFiler, I can now stop fussing with organization tools and just get myself organized.” —InformationWeek
What's New in Version 1.7.6
- Improved the "Searching" section of the manual.
- EagleFiler now follows the **Match Partial Words** setting when highlighting search matches in the records list and in text and e-mail records. In other words, if you were searching for a whole word, EagleFiler will no longer highlight instances of that word contained within another word. This should reduce confusion about what was actually being searched for.
- Worked around an issue that could make the **File > Open** command open the library behind an existing library's window.
- Worked around a bug in OmniOutliner 5 that caused its compressed flat files to be imported as text files. (The change takes effect for newly imported files or if you rebuild your library.)
- Worked around a PDF issue that could cause a crash when opening a contextual menu.
If you enjoy using EagleFiler, please take a minute to rate it or leave a review. We'd really appreciate it.
Works as advertised
Wanted to replace another Document Management app with it. From the write ups it sounded like it might work out just fine. Purchased it, downloaded and installed it. Ran it and it crashed the very first time I tried to run it. I’m running an iMac late 2009 with Sierra 10.12.5. Everything runs fine. #.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 16 GNB 1067 MHz DDr3 memory. Not very happy with this application and have uninstalled. Wish there had been a trial version then I wouldn’t have spent $39.99 for nothing.
I originally wrote this review expressing concern about the apps performance. I was contacted by the developer and by working with them I was able to get it working. I thank them for reaching out and helping me to get this application working. It is going to make a big difference in my document management now. They have great customer support and this is a very good application. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for Document Management.