Collect notes, e-mails, and Web pages on your Mac, and search them instantly. EagleFiler makes organizing and managing your information easy. It lets you archive and search mail, Web pages, PDF files, word processing documents, images, and more. Use it to collect information from a variety of sources. Browse different types of files using a familiar three-pane interface. Organize them into folders and annotate them with tags and notes, or leave everything in one folder and pin-point the information you need using the live search. Since EagleFiler stores its library in Finder format, you can use it in concert with the other tools in your Mac ecosystem.
EagleFiler in a nutshell:
* With a single keypress, import Web pages, mail messages, or any file on your Mac.
* EagleFiler stores them in an open format: regular files and folders that are fully accessible to your other applications.
* Optionally: encrypt the files, add tags, notes, color-coded labels, and other metadata.
* Browse by folder or by tag, or use the live search or smart folders to find the information you need (faster than Spotlight).
* View, edit, or create documents directly in EagleFiler's streamlined interface, or double-click to edit using another application.
EagleFiler is a digital filing cabinet, a research assistant, snippet collector, and document organizer. You can use it to write a journal, track all the files for a project or job, manage your bookmarks, save your favorite Web articles, store financial statements and receipts, run a paperless office, plan a trip, collect your course notes, archive your e-mail correspondence, search mailing list archives, research a purchase, remember recipes to cook or books to read, store scientific papers, sort photos, gather legal case notes, or assemble a scrapbook. It’s the most flexible tool on your Mac.
“It’s a vital tool for the digital pack rat.…The application’s tagging, note-taking, and searching capabilities make finding that one file you stored in EagleFiler a year ago and want to retrieve today a cinch.” —Macworld
“EagleFiler combines ease of use with an underlying ingenuity that makes it feel simple, fast, and lightweight. It’s packed with too many clever touches for me to list.” —TidBITS
“Using EagleFiler, I can now stop fussing with organization tools and just get myself organized.” —InformationWeek
- Improved compatibility with the latest version of macOS.
- If you open an RTF file in TextEdit and add an image, TextEdit will convert it to RTFD format. When you view the file again in EagleFiler, EagleFiler will now detect this renaming instead of reporting the file as missing.
- Importing URLs in bookmark format is much faster.
- Bulk tagging operations from the **Batch Change** and **Info** windows and from the tags bar and tag sources are much faster.
- The capture key now works with the Vivaldi Web browser.
- EagleFiler is able to import more Web pages successfully because it now ignores timeouts and certificate errors when loading subsidiary resources. Previously, a broken ad or tracker would cause importing to fail. Now, EagleFiler makes a best effort (like a Web browser) so that importing can succeed so long as the main page content loads without error.
- Compiled AppleScript files are no longer imported as plain text files; instead, EagleFiler displays them as read-only, syntax-highlighted source code.
- EagleFiler now waits a bit longer after you open a library before starting the background operations, to improve responsiveness.
- The “Import Bookmarks…” command now skips over items in the bookmarks file with missing URLs, rather than failing with an error.
- Various additional bug fixes and refinements.
If you enjoy using EagleFiler, please take a minute to rate it or leave a review. We’d really appreciate it.
Ratings and Reviews
trouble with app store version; download fixed it
The version downloaded from app store refused to open, but I was able to download directly from the website to get things working again.
Please contact us via e-mail and include an error report https://c-command.com/eaglefiler/help/sending-in-an-error-rep and we’ll try to help. Most EagleFiler users have already updated, and we’ve not received any other reports like this. That and the fact that the problem occurs before EagleFiler loads seem to suggest an issue with the store or something specific to your Mac.
Tags with Spaces!
Woo hoo, tag can finally have spaces!
I haven’t tested it yet, but the app shoud finally play nicely with my existing files (which was a major annoyance for me in the last version).
Thanks for the feedback. Now that tags are a native macOS feature, you make a great point that EagleFiler tags should work the same way. As of EagleFiler 1.8.2, they do.
EagleFiler is the best of the bunch.
I am a big fan of EagleFiler and suggest you read my review of version 1.5.3 which you will find under the "All Versions" tab. Suffice it to say that I have purchased and tried almost every application in this class and found all of the others lacking in some significant way. For me, EagleFiler stands alone as the one that meets all of my needs. With this most recent version (1.5.4) I would like to add one new point I forgot to mention in my earlier review: C-Command Software is very active about polishing and improving this product. Look at the list of "What's New in 1.5.4" above and you will see a pattern of great attention to detail. Don't let the price of EagleFiler scare you away. This is the best of the bunch and worth the money.
- C-Command Software, LLC
- 19.9 MB
- OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, French, German, Korean
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018 C-Command Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.