By Luis Rueda Diez
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
ICMPUtil is a tool to monitor multiple Hosts network connectivity using ICMP echo requests.
ICMPUtil helps network troubleshooting by graphically displaying response time of multiple hosts simultaneously. If enabled, ICMPUtil can send user notifications when a packet loss or response threshold is reached.
Monitored hosts can be established using IP Network/range discovery or manually specifying IP Addresses or DNS names. Hosts lists can also be saved or loaded from files.
What's New in Version 1.5.2
- Minor improvements
- Bug fixes
I find this app quite useful. It works as advertised and doesn’t crash. I use it to monitor my home network status, pinging the routers up the line starting from my gateway out to google.com. Here are a few suggestions that would make this a great app.
1. Allow users to re-order the host list (on the left). I’d like to see my devices in the order nearest to farthest.
2. Start monitoring selected hosts automatically on startup
3. Have option to log status changes to a file
4. Allow users to interact with the charts to see time of ping and response time (x and y values)
5. Allow the host list to be resized
6. Generate a host list from traceroute
I know if one bug: When you load a saved host file, it doesn’t load the full names of the saved entries
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Sep 28, 2017
- Version: 1.5.2
- Size: 6.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Luis Rueda Diez
- © 2014-2017 ermitacode
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor