By Brendan Regan
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
*** Chosen as one of Apple's "Best New Apps" in the music category ***
Earhoof is a futuristic virtual instrument which turns your iPad into a rhythmic gradient of sound.
A sophisticated instrument creation tool, it allows you to layer multiple audio files and combine them with high quality digital signal processing. By continuously changing the sound parameters along the length of your device, Earhoof allows you to create highly expressive playable surfaces.
Its innovative internal rhythm engine allows you to easily play this surface, switching seamlessly between complex rhythms while remaining in complete control of the generated sounds. The result is a playing experience unlike any other, blurring the line between sequencer and instrument.
* Includes over 80 carefully crafted presets, each one a unique multi-sample instrument
* Intuitively draw curves to modulate DSP parameters for Gain, Pitch, Pan, Filters, Delay and more
* Easily import your own WAV and AIFF files with iTunes File Sharing, AudioPaste, and AudioShare
* Record or manually create your own rhythms
* Audiobus and Inter-App Audio support allows Earhoof to interact with other music apps
* Record your performances as audio files without ever leaving the app
* In-app help manual will help you quickly learn the ins and outs of the program
* AudioPaste and AudioShare for importing audio samples
* AudioCopy and AudioShare for exporting recordings
* MIDI input
What's New in Version 1.1.5
Improved startup stability