By Psicada, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Chosen as one of Apple's "Best New Apps" in the music category ***
Earhoof is a futuristic virtual instrument which turns your iPad into a rhythmic gradient of sound.
A sophisticated instrument creation tool, it allows you to layer multiple audio files and combine them with high quality digital signal processing. By continuously changing the sound parameters along the length of your device, Earhoof allows you to create highly expressive playable surfaces.
Its innovative internal rhythm engine allows you to easily play this surface, switching seamlessly between complex rhythms while remaining in complete control of the generated sounds. The result is a playing experience unlike any other, blurring the line between sequencer and instrument.
* Includes over 80 carefully crafted presets, each one a unique multi-sample instrument
* Intuitively draw curves to modulate DSP parameters for Gain, Pitch, Pan, Filters, Delay and more
* Easily import your own WAV and AIFF files with iTunes File Sharing, AudioPaste, and AudioShare
* Record or manually create your own rhythms
* Audiobus and Inter-App Audio support allows Earhoof to interact with other music apps
* Record your performances as audio files without ever leaving the app
* In-app help manual will help you quickly learn the ins and outs of the program
* AudioPaste and AudioShare for importing audio samples
* AudioCopy and AudioShare for exporting recordings
* MIDI input
What's New in Version 1.1.0
- Audiobus 2 support
- MIDI clock sync
- MIDI input for triggering voices and controlling rhythm playback
unique, creative app!
There’s definitely nothing quite like Earhoof out there which is why I’m rating it 5 stars. My favorite thing about it is that I can quickly come up with an interesting rhythmic loop and then latch it, then I can compose other music over top of it with other apps or with my guitar. It’s set up totally differently than a traditional drum machine, which leads to me coming up with things I wouldn’t have otherwise. It’s always been stable for me too, so I wouldn’t worry about performing live with it. It’s definitely an app worth having if you’re a beat junkie or iOS instrument hoarder like me :)
Cool, creative digital instrument
This app is a virtual instrument that is specifically designed around the touch interface of the iPad, as opposed to trying to map an existing instrument onto an iPad. The presets are fun starting points, but the real strength of the app is all the user control it allows. You can add your own samples, adjust a lot of parameters, and interface with other tools (audiobus 2; midi clock; midi input, etc.)
Out of this world music app
A truly unique app in a landscape of synths and grooveboxes. Highly recommended.