Note: This is intended as a counting tool for young children. It does not calculate in powers of 10 like a traditional abacus.
Help your kids develop an interest in numbers in a fun way, by introducing the Early Learning Abacus – it’s a great step on the ladder to counting! Using the Early Learning Abacus as a tool will help them make numbers tangible and concrete basic mathematical concepts.
As a simplified version of the classic school abacus, the Early Learning Abacus has been created as a dynamic visual aid for teaching toddlers, pre-schoolers and kindy kids their numbers and how to count from 1 to 100.
• 10 rows of 10 beads, to represent 100.
• Large format portrait display is engaging, whilst the digital read-out is easy to understand and view.
• Colourful beads are responsive and tactile with interactive audio feedback.
• Excellent tool for the kids to score games.
• Simple yet powerful tool for calculation.
• Encourages early problem-solving.
• Make a pattern with the beads on a row and get your child to copy the pattern on another row.
• Move beads individually across to the right, counting as you go, and encourage your child to imitate the number of beads on the row below.
• Move some beads across and ask them how many you have moved. Mix it up by adding or subtracting beads by moving them left and right, and ask how many you have left.
IOS 8 compatible
Ratings and Reviews
Pls update so I can continue to use in your classroom
I like this version b/c it is helpful like when mom would get out the pennies and make you do your math. The only suggestion I would make is 1. giving an option to turning of the number board that way if your child is using it for homework, it doesn't give them the answer. 2. The option to to turn off the movement of the iPad which slides the beads from 0-100. Other then that great app. It would be harder to get a child to understand a traditional abacus. ( my child anyways)
This app has been a huge app for my 1st grader who needed help to visualize the problems. The one suggestion I've seen throughout the comments is the ability to turn off the number board so it can't give the answer. We've used a piece of cardboard to hide it, but it would be easier to toggle it off/on.
- Firefly Interactive Pty ltd
- 11.5 MB
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Firefly Interactive
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.