Can you bring an end to human history? Experience the terrifying power of asteroids in this unique and visually outstanding puzzle game!
Maximize the devastating damage by arranging your impacts smartly, as you take control over one of the greatest threats to life on Earth.
Based on scientific computation models and presented with breathtaking visuals, Earth Impact offers a spectacular and surprisingly challenging puzzling experience with a deeper background.
● Simple and casual, yet challenging puzzling experience with a tactical touch
● Highly detailed graphics - follow the sunsets and see the sun glinting in the rivers of South America
● Free navigation around Earth in the second half of the game
● Simulation of direct impact effects based on scientific computation models
● Free of any ads and in-app purchases
- Extended tutorial with navigation section
- Added rubber band effect for locked camera views
- Improved iPhone X compatibility
Ratings and Reviews
The game is a similar setup to Plague, a game which I loved. However, the only factor is the impact point itself, with no other factors like flooding or earthquakes or even environmental changes that would normal have some global effects regardless of where the asteroid hit. Also, the game tells you to maximize damage potential by targeting densely populated cities, but then have of the most densely populated cities in the world don’t seem to be big enough to warrant higher points. I don’t understand why it also doesn’t take into account shockwave damage to surrounding areas as the asteroid shots get larger. So, if you use one of the first smaller asteroids on say a city in India, you have a rating of 1.75 for multiplier points, but that doesn’t change if you wait to hit that same city until later when you have a large enough asteroid to wipe out the entire country. Likewise, you could use one of your larger asteroids to wipe out all of North America or all of Europe or east Asia, but the multiplier points would still only be around 1.20 or even 1.10....if you are wiping out an entire country because the asteroid is ten miles wide instead of half a mile wide, that doesn’t make any sense.
Hi JMag, the game always computes the efficiency of your strike, that is the damage in relation to the impact area of your asteroid (including the shockwave). A tiny asteroid in India will cause major damage within all of its shockwave radius, whereas a large one would release a lot of its energy into the sea (so it is less ‚efficient’ so to say). India is much more densely populated than North America, so the multiplier will always be higher there. The app uses a statistical dataset for the population distribution, so it should give fairly plausible results. Hope that makes things clear for you!
Chapter 7 and suggestions
I love this game, I really do, I just have one small issue- I can’t beat level/chapter 7. I’ve probably tried it 50 times, and I’m no better than when I tried the first time. If you could balance the difficulty, maybe increase the meteors you get or make it so you kill 75% of the population instead of 85%, that’d be great. Also, you should make a sandbox mode where you have infinite meteors. And a mode where you kill a singular city, like you zoom in and you can see individual buildings and stuff and you need to destroy the whole city, so like the fist city could be New York, and then Paris, and then Rome, and on and on. Otherwise, it’s a GREAT game and I’m excited to see where it goes!
Thanks a lot for your feedback, happy to see you like the game so much! In case you haven’t beaten level 7 yet, a little hint that might help you: Asia has the highest population density, so starting there can make your asteroids grow really quick.
Fresh with Potential
The best part about it is the visuals. The earth is beautiful and the lighting and textures are top notch, especially on newer devices. It’s quite challenging and fairly gratifying. Timing the day to night is very important in finding populated areas.
I would like to see more dramatic impacts as well as the asteroids coming in from space, as is it looks more like nukes exploding on the surface instead of objects from space.
Overall, the game is clean, fast and to the point. Worth the .99, especially with future updates making it better. Great job.
- Nicolas Schulz
- 84.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2017 Nicolas Schulz
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.