By Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NASA's Earth Now is an application that visualizes recent global climate data from Earth Science satellites, including surface air temperature, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, ozone, and water vapor as well as gravity and sea level variations. Data sets are visually described using "false color" maps. Color-coded legends are provided to indicate relative strength or weakness of an environmental condition. The resulting 3D model of the Earth may be rotated by a single finger stroke, and may also be zoomed in or out by pinching 2 fingers. It was developed by the Earth Science Communications and Visualization Technology Applications and Development Teams at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, with support from NASA Headquarters.
What's New in Version 2.5.5
- Curated Events: Satellite images of storms, fires and other large events updated 2-3 times per week.
- Push Notifications: Choose to be notified when a new event is available in Earth Now.
- Celsius! You asked and we made it happen. Tap on the color key in the Temperature vital sign to switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit.
- Supporting more iPhone screen resolutions (6, 6+, 6s, 6s+).
- Terra and SMAP Spacecraft models added.
- Improved Vital Sign download speeds.
- Bug Fixes.
Lot of things
I watch very important information about earth in a second !
Wow!!! Really neat app with amazing information to learn about. Thank you for making and sharing!!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Feb 29, 2016
- Version: 2.5.5
- Size: 202 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- © 2016 California Institute of Technology
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.