Earthquake! is a quake application that based on multiple data sources.
With this app, you can get the latest earthquake info immediately from all over the world.
Also, you can search the earthquakes occurred in the past.
- 22 Earthquake data sources, Covers the frequent occurrence of the earthquake area in the world.
* [USGS] U.S.Geological Survey
* [EMSC] EU Mediterranean Earthquake Centre
* [CEIC] China Earthquake Center
* [GFZ] Ger Potsdam Earthquake Center
* [CWB] Taiwan Central Weather Bureau
* [JMA] Japan Meteorological Agency
* [INGV] Italy Geophysics Institute
* [BGS] British Geological Survey
* [CHI] Chile Earthquake Center
* [TUR] Turkish Disaster and Emergency center
* [IRSC] Iranian Seismological Center
* [CAN] Natural Resources Canada
* [AUS] Geoscience Australia
* [NZL] New Zealand Earthquake Commission
* [PHIVOLCS] Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology
* [ROU] Romanian National Institute for Earth Physics
* [OVSICORI] Costa Rica, the National University
* [BMKG] Indonesia The Meteorology, Climatology, and Geophysics
- Real-time push notification of earthquake over 4.0 magnitude.
- Customize your notifications by magnitude,"receive time" and distance threshold , easy to use.
- Filter earthquakes by magnitude/region/depth.
- Perfect real-time algorithm to achieve all of the data source unified display (non-duplication of data), data source select "ALL".
- Support detail information display.
- Full GMap integration.
- Provide a uniform view shows the same earthquake of different sources.
- Provide historical data with earthquake in 300 km range.
- the Global (Worldwide) Search, Support magnitude, time interval and depth, with flexible sort.
- Sharing detailed screenshots of maps and vital details to anyone by Facebook/Twitter/E-Mail...
- Support Epicentral distance (GPS positioning or custom)
- Mass historical data.
- Support for personal collection.
- "Pull to load more data" in the List Tab.
- View details on source site.
- Applications built-in web browser support.
Change the app icon.
Ratings and Reviews
Just interested in quakes.
I just like to see where earthquakes happen but I know little about them. It would be nice to read something like the importance of the depth of a quake. Or some story about a famous earthquake. I am a nerd, but not a scientist.
Add this feature
This is a nice app but what it really needs is the ability to utilize the iPhone accelerometer to detect earthquakes and automatically share that data to the cloud and/or the USGS.
Only when enough similar readings are detected from a certain region within a narrow timeframe would the data be considered legitimate and then be pushed back out to the map for all users to view.
The app could also be active only at certain times of the day/night that the user defines. As well as only be active when connected to pre-defined wifi networks. Such as Home or work.
Another option would be to only take accelerometer reading when it is plugged into power (such as when on your night stand or connected to a computer USB).
The app could also use the iPhone GPS to disable sensor reading when moving. As well as only record seismic data when the app detects the iPhone is laying flat on its back.
Another option would be to disable the seismic sensor data output when a face is detected with the front facing camera.
Requiring the app to be running in the foreground would also further prevent false readings.
This could easily, quickly, and cheaply create a huge network of seismographs around the world.
Simple and easy to use
Was a bit skeptical to download due to no reviews but I'm quite happy with this app. Don't have to use my brain, set load n look. Doesn't freeze. Bug me with obtrusive ads or make noise. Give this one a shot, it's a good ap!
- Luo JunJing
- 21.6 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Topstcn.com
- In-App Purchases
- Enable Push Notifications $0.99
- Application Bundle $1.99
- Stop Ad Displays $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.