Earthquake by American Red Cross
By American Red Cross
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**One of "9 Apps to Fast-Track Your New Year's Resolutions" - Mashable**
**“Those who live their life on the fault lines should pick this app up immediately.” – Appolicious**
**“The number one app to download to help you survive an earthquake.” – IT World**
**A “MUST-HAVE” app that “…basically turns your mobile device into an all-in-one post-quake tool, info center, and instruction guide.” – TremblingEarth**
Be ready for earthquakes & tsunamis with Earthquake by American Red Cross. Get notifications and alerts when earthquakes or a tsunami occurs, prepare your family and home, find help and let others know you are safe even if the power is out – a must have for anyone who lives in an earthquake-prone area or has loved ones who do.
Ahora disponible en español.
• Easy to use Spanish language toggle to switch translation directly inside the app.
•Step-by-step instructions let you know what to do even before/during/after earthquakes or tsunamis, even if no data or internet connectivity.
•Get notifications and alerts when a quake occurs and tsunami warnings in your area or those of loved-ones with push alerts from the USGS, including magnitude & Shake Zone maps when available telling you if it was just a tremor or greater.
•Let family and friends know you are okay after a quake or tsunami with the customizable “I’m Safe” alert for Facebook, Twitter, email and text.
•Find open Red Cross shelters in your area when you need help.
•Stay safe when the lights are out with the Toolkit, including a strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions.
•Prepare for the worst by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation.
•Empower your family to stay safe and remain calm in an emergency by learning how to make and practice an emergency plan.
•Earn badges that you can share via Facebook and Twitter with your friends and show off your earthquake knowledge with interactive quizzes.
•See an illustrated history of earthquakes in your area and maps with recent quakes throughout the world
•Know what to do about food and drinking water when your area has been impacted by floods and power outages.
What's New in Version 3.3.1
Thanks for all your feedback sent via the app, we've got a nice little update for you.
- We heard some users were finding the grey font hard to read so we've now made it black
- We know some of you use larger font sizes on your phone's so now we observe that too and make the alerts nice and big
- Our feedback system was a little hard to use so we put a nice new one in that lets you choose your own screenshots to send us
- Some of you reported a bug where our app was using too much space so we put the app on a little diet meaning you can have that space back.
- Fixed a bug where deleting monitored locations would incorrectly report success when it wasn't. If you had this bug we recommend pulling down to refresh your locations but you shouldn't have this problem again.
Thank you so much for all your feedback and keep it coming. You can send us feedback by pressing the "Give Feedback" button at the bottom of the Info tab in the app.
Great App. Very Useful
I like this app. I programmed it with family addresses in other city's and other states. As well as the address of my house and my job. Anytime there is an earthquake at any of those locations this app notifies me. And since I live in Oklahoma, the app is always going off because there is an earthquake just about once a day. Very good app, it does what it says and I like it.
Conceptually nice but still very buggy.
Still very buggy. I still cannot select the 250 miles radius without the app crashing. Though this was resolved in previous version.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Dec 01, 2016
- Version: 3.3.1
- Size: 54.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: American Red Cross
- Copyright © 2012-2014 The American National Red Cross
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.