Earthquake - worldwide coverage of natural disasters
By Mobeezio, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
***** As written in the NY Times & chosen in Computerworld's "Favorite smartphone apps" *****
The most comprehensive earthquake application! More reporting agencies worldwide than any other. Fastest load times! Track and follow earthquakes and tsunamis now around the world in real time!
* Live USGS, EMSC, GeoNet, Natural Resources Canada, British Geological Survey, GFZ, INGV, KNMI, MNSS, OVSICORI, and GeoScience Australia earthquake data delivered quickly to your phone
* Real time push notification of any earthquake over 5.0 magnitude
* Customize your notifications by magnitude and "quiet time" that blocks notifications based on any time set
* Tsunami information
* International data (USGS, EMSC, GeoNet, Natural Resources Canada, British Geological Survey, GeoScience Australia)
* Filter options by Distance, Magnitude, and Timeframe
* Filter reported earthquakes by reporting agencies
* New real time algorithm added to eliminate duplicate reports from multiple reporting agencies
* Sort list by Magnitude, Location, or Time
* Full Google Map integration
* Direct Integration and support for all added reporting agencies. Now you can view many more additional details from the reporting agencies website from within the app.
* Report if you felt an earthquake directly to the USGS website
* Color & size coded pins to see at a glance relevant earthquakes
* Email detailed screenshots of maps and vital details anytime to anyone
* Supports metrics
* Real time Twitter and Facebook integration! See Tweets related to the earthquake plus Tweet out your own news. Post to Facebook a detailed map & information plus your own comments.
* Optimized for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
* "Pull to refresh data" in the List Tab
* Free lifetime updates (Please let us know your suggestions. We love to hear from you and implement most ideas. firstname.lastname@example.org)
** Please check out our other apps, Dog Whistler & Dog Whistler Pro (consistently ranked in top 10), Mobile Caddy (previously chosen as a Staff Favorite), Thumper, Date Util, Polar Opposite, and Gift Tracker
What's New in Version 4.3.0
* [NEW] Added Today widget
* minor updates and bug fixes
I've had this app for several years; it's one of my favorites. Living in California (on the San Andreas fault) I'm always aware of our earthquake potential so this app keeps me up to date.
There have been dozens of earthquakes in the Solomon Islands the last 2 days, most 4.5 and over, up to 7.5. I don't know why this is not reported on the news. It seems significant to me.
I downloaded this app some years ago (shortly after the US East Coast quake) and was notified pretty regularly about tremors world wide. However quite some time ago, (maybe a year or so) the app went silent. That is until today (Aug 30, 2016)!!! I am hoping these notices continue as it is interesting to see how active our planet is.
Around the world
I have this set to 5 or nice earthquakes around the world, and it's astonishing how many there have been lately in the ring of the Pacific. Makes me get ready for the big one.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Aug 24, 2016
- Version: 4.3.0
- Size: 13.2 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Mobeezio, Inc.
- © Copyright 2014 Mobeezio, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.