N.1 Earthquake app for iPhone and iPad, more than 1M users, supports Apple Watch.
Get the latest worldwide data from several sources and receive push notifications alerts.
• push notifications on your phone as soon as the event data is available from an official source (you can set up to 4 alerts based on location and/or magnitude threshold)
• map with different sized and colored circles to represent event magnitude and age
• filter events by area (country, continent) or magnitude
• multiple sources, including: U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre (EMSC), GeoScience Australia, GNS Science (GeoNet), Instituto Geográfico Nacional, Servicio Sismológico Nacional, British Geological Survey, GFZ GEOFON, Natural Resources Canada , NOAA
• event timeline (today, yesterday, previous days)
• earthquakes catalog (all world regions covered, back to 2013), search by date, territory, city or reporting agency
• detail view for each event, reachable from map and timeline views
• Tsunami bulletins (NOAA data)
• Tectonic Plate Boundaries (USGS data)
• Population estimates for each event and Population Density layer (SEDAC/NASA data)
• export data to Google Earth or other installed apps supporting kml file format
• social sharing: share event map and data to Facebook, Twitter, Email
• reverse geocoding: names of locations, when unavailable, are calculated automatically from their geographical coordinates
• Today Widget: the widget briefly shows some details of the biggest seismic event occurred in your country over the last 24 hours.
• multiple languages: the app is localized in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Greek, Russian, Chinese, Dutch, Portuguese, Turkish, Hungarian and Romanian
• optimized for iPhoneXS, iPad and iOS12
• 3D Touch and Haptic feedback support
Every update includes improvements for speed and reliability. New in recent updates:
• up to 4 push notification filters
• earthquake catalog search by date, city, country, continent and reporting agency
• critical Alerts support (iOS12)
• custom radius in notification filters by exact location
• underwater earthquakes are now highlighted in the timeline with a blue side stripe
• minor bug fixes and optimizations
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t believe someone would rate any app low when it was free and the “good stuff” is in the paid version. They are all like that unless you get one with “in app” purchases which I hate. I’d rather pay an update fee of $.25 every year considering the work that goes into the app. I only have one complaint...they get earthquake info (it appears to me) from difference sources so often it appears like there are two quakes but there is one...unless I’m missing something. Sometimes the notification appears to be in Chinese sometimes in English. Otherwise, this works great on my Watch! I live on the Olympic Peninsula and we will be getting an earthquake all too soon. If I’m out and about want to make it home before all the roads buckle. Every second counts! Plus it’s interesting to know the world wide quakes within a minute or so. Awesome! Thanks!
The app is outstanding,
The app that you get in the basic package works great as long as you are ok with minor earthquakes 6.6 and below on the Standard scale. This is pretty much all I need it for. We don't get anything larger in magnitude here in Colorado, Wyoming, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Kansas, and Utah‼️🙏🏼❤️😃❤️🙏🏼‼️ If we do, I live close enough to the NSGS in Golden Colorado to make the local phone call to find out what happened‼️🙏🏼❤️😃😍😁🙏🏼‼️ If you want to follow the New Madrid or the San Andreas faults where the "big ones" are predicted, you can't go wrong buying the upgrade packages‼️🙏🏼❤️😃💬🙏🏼‼️ I'm a retired teacher so cost is a factor, but the app programmer did a great job for what I need‼️🙏🏼😃🙏🏼‼️ GOD BLESS AND BE EXCELLENT‼️🙏🏼😃🙏🏼‼️
I first started using this app when I moved to California and started noticing the pictures on the walls of the condo were constantly out of level. I figured it would be cool to know just how often we were experiencing earthquakes. I’ve since moved out of California but like knowing when quakes occur around the globe. The alerts always pop up before I read about the quakes on the news. It would be great if everyone’s phone was linked into the system to give data about local quakes as I’m sure a cellphone could detect such events if it’s left resting on a nightstand.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Nico Tranquilli
- 72.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Basque, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-2019 Nico Tranquilli
- In-App Purchases
- PRO Version $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.