Screenshots

Description

The e-Edition keeps the ​East Bay Times at your fingertips, with every article and picture intact - even the funnies. And our iOS Device version delivers all the content with a faster, simpler interface:

* World-class national and global news, plus in-depth local coverage from the ​East Bay Times newsroom.
* Entertainment with the latest on movies, music, dining and other great stuff to see and do.
* On-the-money Business news, an all-star Sports section and much more.
* Razor-sharp views of every word, photo and image exactly as it appears in print.
* Streamlined navigation for readers on the go: Flip pages, zoom on articles, rotate to landscape mode.
* Tap any article with two fingers to convert to full-screen text.
* Includes archive access to every issue published in the past 30 days.

=======

If you like our app, please remember to leave a five-star rating in iTunes.

What's New

Version 2.8.15

- Improved stability and bug fixes

Ratings and Reviews

3.2 out of 5

10 Ratings

10 Ratings

Used to be my favorite, but...

erherrer

I'm formally from Pittsburg and I used to get the CC Times daily. I've since moved away, now residing in Reno. I found this app a while back and it was just like reading the newspaper of the old days. I've got several news apps but this was my favorite because of newspaper layout. All of a sudden, it is blocking me, asking for an account name and password, which I never had, and it doesn't allow me to create one. Am I supposed be a subscriber to the paper to get access? That doesn't make sense, why would I then need the app? Too bad.

A start, but not perfect

vacantsouls

I love the newspaper format, so finally getting to read it on my iPad is great. The app is a bit glitchy and sometimes pages are blurry and the text version doesn't download. The formatting in the text version is readable, but not good. It needs to strip out the formatting (such as manual line breaks, etc) it pulls from the store--which I presume were added when formatting it for news print. The app also won't load inline images in text mode. It tries, but it ends up with a blank box.

I hope in the future the app is more than an exact duplicate (recycle) of the printed edition. There's no reason for black and white pages (especially images) in the iPad version. It would be nice got have full color on all pages.

It's 90% of a good app with the other 10% being infuriating

e-book lover

After the past few days I'm downgrading my '2 star review to a '1'. If I could make it a -5 Star I would. I can't get in to the paper for more than 30 seconds; and it takes a loooong load time to get to that point. It's completely unreadable as a paper and so maddening I think it's raising my blood pressure. There's no way to get into the app to look for a tech support link, of course.

I really don't say this lightly, but they should fire the people responsible for this app.

My previous review is below......

Mostly, the app does what it is supposed to do - shows a page by page display, and an index to allow jumping from section to section. Maybe the slow load/response time is on my side, rather than the software.
That said, the crashes are maddening. I'm writing this review because I was bounced out of the app twice in 3 minutes. .. It makes me want to drop the subscription. Also, from time to time, the pages come in and out of focus repeatedly, like some demonic device aimed at giving you a major case of eyestrain. Please,CCT, fix this app!!!

Information

Seller
Media News Group
Size
36.7 MB
Category
News
Compatibility
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Languages
English, French, German, Italian
Age Rating
Rated 12+ for the following:
Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
Copyright
© 201​8​ ​Digital First Media
Price
Free

Supports

  • Family Sharing

    With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.

More By This Developer

You May Also Like