We aim to be the go-to resource for pro-grade gear, casual styles, and expert training tips for athletes who care about winning.
We serve the dedicated, the driven, the focused, the elite. Those who lift through the burn, those who hit the wall and keep running, those who keep training, working, and striving. Those who won’t let their team down.
Now, we’re making it easier for you to get the best to be your best with the Eastbay App, our new mobile experience. Here, you’ll find:
• More brands, colors, sizes, and styles are now at your fingertips with shopping in the Eastbay app.
• The latest news on shoe releases from your favorite brands so you can stay on the cutting edge of style.
• Order tracking that allows you to follow your shoes’ journey from the moment of purchase until they arrive at your front door.
Ratings and Reviews
Eastbay is a well designed application that allows users to easily shop and receive news for the latest athletic apparel products from many sport categories. Product pages will contain the normal point of sale details such as description, questions and answers and a mini swipe through gallery giving the user images of the product from multiple angles. The inventory is deeper in the app with more styles and colors. The app also has a few unique features such as Eastbay Lens which is a enhancement to the catalog that gives you inside access to content as well as a social category so users can look at the company’s feeds on platforms such as Instagram and Twitter. For those who go way back with the company, Eastbay also allows users to request a catalog from within the app. For those who shop from Eastbay, the app is well worth a download.
Love Eastbay, Hate the App
I love Eastbay and have been shopping with them for over 15 years. I try to keep my apps to a minimum on my phone, which is why I didn't try the app before now, but I decided to try it since I like them so much. After about a week, I had to delete the app and go back to using the website simply because it was so clunky and inconvenient to use.
Here's the things I don't like about it:
- The app often gets stuck in the loading loop often when I attempt to go to the Search page.
- Search page being separate and not at the top of every page from the get-go made it feel annoying to simply search for stuff, especially since loading loop is a looking threat.
- Clicking "Next" often brings you to the exact same page you were on, or simply cycles between the same 2 pages over and over.
- When looking at an item, there is a "Home" arrow where most sites/other apps have their back arrow, making me go back to the home page often by mistake and having to start my search all over again.
- Also, there's the "Home" arrow, then an inch directly to the right of it is the Eastbay symbol that also takes you Home when you select it....why? Just take away the home arrow.
Again, I'll reiterate that I love the company and will continue to shop with them via the website, but I definitely won't be utilizing the app.
Developer Response ,
We apologize for the difficulties you have had. Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding your experience when using the App. Your opinion does matter; we listen very carefully to our customers' needs and concerns. Your feedback may prove beneficial while we are considering future changes to the layout and navigation. We have passed along your comments to help improve these features.
Eastbay is a good app it has everything you could possibly think of ordering from a sports store. The problem I have is the energy I get from them when they dont have the correct order or, if you’ve ordered multiple items. I ordered two items and they took the money out of my account and only had on record that they got half of what I paid and only shipped one of my items. I wasn’t upset until I tried contacting them and they didnt want to answer the phone. Every time I called I immediately went on hold which got very annoying. I’d be sitting on hold for 15-20 minutes before I’d terminate the call. No person has 20 minutes to waist on hold. So all I want at this point is a refund. But I was calling only to find where the transaction went wrong but never got a person on the phone. So I advise anyone who likes the app to make one item orders at a time. Cause seemingly they cannot handle a multiple item order.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.