The Eastern Orthodox Bible is a scholarly translation and edition of the Holy Scriptures based on the Patriarchal Greek Orthodox with extensive introductory material.
Only the New Testament is available at this time.
This New Testament text is based on the official ecclesiastical text published in 1904 by the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople (documenting all significant variants to the Critical Text, Majority Text and Textus Receptus). It also provides extensive footnotes.
The main purpose of the EOB is to provide an accurate and easy-to-read English text of the Holy Scriptures that is suitable for use by Orthodox Christian communities and individuals, while providing an outstanding text for scholars.
- Share selected verses via Messages, Mail, Facebook, Twitter & more
- Highlight verses
- Easily copy verses (with reference) to clipboard
- Create bookmarks and organize using tags
- Search for one or more words, assisted by word completion and search history
- View history (up to 100 of your last readings) for easy back-and-forth navigation between books
- Convenient and smooth side-scroll for previous/next chapter navigation
- Reading Plans
Go to our product web site @ http://vdub.software for more details about the app.
Go to http://www.orthodoxanswers.org/eob for more information about the text.
- Fixed so we now return to correct place in chapter when returning to app or selecting item in history
- Fixed navigation via Contents screen (e.g. in Additional content)
- Updated Additional content to be standard font size, more readable
Ratings and Reviews
Great app. Would love to use on iPad too
This app is great and it makes navigating this translation of the Bible very easy. I also enjoy this developer's Orthodox Study Bible app, and hope that its handy "Today's Reading" feature gets ported over to this EOB app when possible (I assume the developer is waiting on the Old Testament translations to be completed).
Regarding the EOB as a Bible translation, I have heard good things about its accuracy, though I myself am unqualified to evaluate this. I do though find it to be very readable and appreciate the extensive footnotes and introductions to each book.
Would love to use both apps on my iPad too. Thank you for very easy to use and cleanly designed apps.
Such an excellent app especially for a catechumen to start with because of the amount of written material one encounters. The layout keeps it straight, is easy to navigate as it is organized in such a manner as to be very helpful. And cheap! A hard bound Bible is about $40. This is well worth the price and twice that as the footnotes are precious.
Nice job of finishing up the New Testament of the EOB. Hopefully the Old Testament and the Psalter will be ready soon. Landscape mode would a good idea too.
In addition, can you make an option to display the footnote of a particular verse that is selected (instead of flipping the screen by tapping the I button on the top right)?
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.