"Easy ePub Creator Pro" allows you to quickly and easily create beautiful Fixed-Layout eBooks, while having complete control over page styling and book layout.
"Easy ePub Creator Pro" is designed for professionals who have a basic understanding of "HTML" and "CSS" coding.
"Easy ePub Creator Pro" creates .ePub files to EPUB 3 Specification which are compatible with all devices supporting this format.
Advanced features such as Right to Left page layout and Vertical Text are fully supported.
Adding "Read Aloud" text highlighting could not be easier with the auto generation of "smil" files and custom "xhtml" code generation.
* Auto xhtml and css code generation from text input
* Add, Copy and Import Book Projects. (Please Note: you can not import existing .ePub files created with other applications.)
* Portrait, Landscape and Custom style books.
* Easily add, insert and delete pages.
* Easily edit book meta data.
* WYSIWYG page editor for easy "xhtml" and "css" editing.
* Save page as "Cover Image".
* Save CSS page styles.
* Import/Export CSS style packs.
* Access all iPad system fonts via the Fonts Manager.
* Add user fonts. (.ttf and .otf Type Fonts)
* Add Audio and Video files.
* Add background audio.
* Add "Read Aloud" audio.
* Auto generate "smil" files for "Read Aloud" text highlighting.
* Auto generate "OPF" package files.
* Auto generate "TOC" files.
* Edit "OPF", "TOC" and "Apple Display" files.
* Quick "two page spread" page previewer
* Create .epub files and view books directly in iBooks.
In "Easy ePub Creator Pro" you will find a "Book Manager", "Media Manager", "Documents File Manager", "Book Resource File Manager" and a "Page Editor" to give you absolute control of all aspects of your eBook creation.
** "Css Styles Manager" **
The "Css Styles Manager" allows you to save "Page Style Templates" and use them in any of your book projects.
Share Styles with other iPads using "Styles Import/Export" feature.
Use the "Styles Manager" to set the "Default Page Style".
** "Fonts Manager" **
The "Fonts Manager" makes using fonts easy. Quickly access all the iPad "System" fonts, use "Custom" fonts or add your own "User" fonts.
Font, size, color and alignment can be quickly changed.
** "Table of Contents Generator" **
The "Table of Contents Generator" allows you to quickly and easily add "TOC" page links in your book. The "TOC" file (toc.ncx or toc.xhtml) is auto-generated when you create your ePub.
** File Management **
There are 2 "File Managers" the "Documents File Manager" and the "Book Resource File Manager".
The "Documents File Manager" manages files in your app "Documents Directory".
The "Book Resource File Manager" allows you to add files directly to your books "resource folder".
File types include :-
Image - .png and .jpg
Audio - .m4a
Video - .m4v
Font - .ttf .otf
All file types can be previewed directly in the ""Book Resource File Manager" and "Text Based" files can edited.
A "Copy Link" feature allows you to copy file links to paste in your html code pages.
Both "File Managers" have "Dropbox" integration for easy file transfers.
Maintenance update for improved performance on 64bit devices.
Ratings and Reviews
Looks great, but not quiet
Not sure if 2 star is fair, but with the price of the apps, I had higher expectation. Maybe will update later.
I was interested in the read aloud feature, which is lack from Book Creator. Let not talk about the good stuff, but what lack of:
1) cannot record voice directly from iPad. Need to import.
2) lack of fonts. You will have to install them. Why can the apps get the fonts front iPad like other apps.
3) (once add narrative audio, cannot remove from the GUI.
4) once insert photo, cannot remove it.)
Update: you can remove photo&audio by swipe two fingers up. Odd, too fancy for touch feature.
5) swipe the page only let you go to the cover and current working page. This is a feature but it is annoying.
It is not as easy to use as Book Creator. If only that Book Creator support read aloud. May be this is best to bring a finish book over, then add audio and other finish touch. It is not a easy or complete solution as I hope for to create children picture book at easy.
ePUB does not pass iTunes Connect Validation
This application appears promising until the ePUB is submitted to iBookstore via iTunes Connect. My book would not validate. I hope this is fixed soon.
Additionally the "read aloud" requires using external applications.
If the publishing issue is fixed I could give this 3 stars. If the read aloud could be done within the app itself this could be a 5 star application.
Very easy to create a read aloud epub
I was able to easily create a read aloud epub using this app. It does what it says it does, and makes the job quite easy - no coding was required for my book.
My wish list:
* Mac App Store.
* Gray out or hide media you have already used.
* Preview audio in app.
* One step to create ePub and open in iBooks
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.