Easy Weights Log
By PS Ventures Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Quickly and easily log your weights workout at your gym or in your own home so you can track your progress and know what weights to lift next time you work out.
Other similar apps give you huge lists of different exercises, most of which you are not interested in and will never do. Easy Weights Log gives you a blank canvas so you can add the exercises that actually form part of your routine.
This app is totally customisable to your own workouts.
Not bad, but not great
+Compared to others I've seen is that I can add my own workouts, using the names I recognize the lifts by.
+I also like that it's not jumbled up with fancy pictures, videos, or whatever...just raw, plain screens for logging your progress.
-if you want to edit the name of your lift, you can't. So get it right the first time.
-when I log my workouts, I like to see all the lifts and progress from that workout on one page. But with this, you only see the lift.
-It appears it only logs...you can NOT compare your progress from different days. I don't like that.
-Date of recording: say I worked out yesterday, but didn't get to log it until today. There's no ability of editing the date...it dates it only for today. A big problem also if you want to add several past workouts to the app.
-If there are any instructions on how to use this thing, I haven't found them. Though it is pretty basic, it would still be nice to have.
For the most part, I like the ability to log the exercises myself. Having said that, it does get tedious having to enter them every single time. It would be nice to have a copy feature that you could plug into another day without retyping all the info. I also agree that it would be nice to compare exercises from one workout to the next. I make notes as to whether it was too hard or difficult, but then I have to search through the days to find when I did the exercise last.
I'd pay for these improvements!
• Log each set of a workout with the press of a button.
• Easy to input weight and reps.
• So far, I can add as many exercises and routines as I need (6 days, up to 12 exercises per day, as many sets as I like - 10 sets on some things).
• Stable on iphone 4S ios 7.1
• You have to type everything - every time..... UNLESS you go back, click Edit, click on an entry, select the text, Copy, go back to the new workout, Paste the text into a new entry, repeat ad naseum. Tedious.
• Wish I could copy an entire day's routine and add it to a new day or week, then modify the specific exercises as I need. Sometimes I need some, but not all, of the routines included in one day on another later in the week.
Potential App Killer:
• No way to sync between iphone and ipad that I've found. Hmm?
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Released: Jan 19, 2012
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 2.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: PS Ventures Limited
- © PS Ventures Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Adverts$0.99