By DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Think Mac OS X's Spotlight could use some help, especially when searching for text files? Download EasyFind, an alternative to (or supplement of) Spotlight and find files, folders, or contents in any file without indexing. EasyFind is especially useful for those tired of slow or impossible indexing, outdated or corrupted indices, or those just looking for features missing in the Finder or Spotlight.
- Boolean operators, wildcards, phrases
- Extended Boolean operators, similar to DEVONthink and DEVONagent
- Immediate searches, no indexing required
- Finds invisible files and files inside packages (something Spotlight doesn't do)
- Displays the location of each file in a separate column
- Previews files using Quick Look (Mac OS X 10.5 or later)
- Provides contextual menus and services
- Supports drag-and-drop
- Very responsive, thanks to multithreading
- Uses very little memory
What's New in Version 4.9.3
- Improved support for OS X Mountain Lion and OS X Mavericks.
- Various bug fixes.
10 STAR App!
Can’t say enough good about this app. We originally got it because we had a folder on a PC file server that we were trying to find files on, and it would sometimes take up to 15 minutes just to load up the folder, let alone search it. This app searched and found the files we were looking for LITERALLY in 15 seconds.
Now we use it for everything, even Mac folders that the Finder is taking FOREVER to search through — EasyFind does the job in seconds — sometimes almost faster than you can type out what you are looking for.
Major kudos to this developer!!!
Saves me so much time
I have been using EasyFind since 2012 when I started a new job with a company that was Mac based and was new to digital filing. The files were disorganized chaos with no naming rules and files were everywhere and not consistently named. Also at that time trying to use the Apple search feature was miserable. I have saved so much time with EasyFind by pointing it at a folder in Finder and letting it search. It brings me every file, tells me where it is located and lets me open the file or the containing folder, and more.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I echo other’s sentiments - 10 stars!
Everytime I open this app to do a search it will open a web browser and download it self, again.
I previously had the version from their website isntalled and thought it was the problems. Removed the app and I noticed settings were kept after I isntalled from the App Store. I could nto find any preferences for this app. I deleted Application Support and found nothing in Containers, preferences or Saved Application Support.
Besides all of this annoying stuff it worked well. Just not going to continue to use it. I sent them an email and their suggest was to use it from their website, no change.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 23, 2014
- Version: 4.9.3
- Size: 2.8 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian
- Seller: DEVONtechnologies, LLC
- © 2001-2014 DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.8 or later