V1.9 Added WiFi transfer, supports TYGEM(.gib) game format, and you can download TYGEM user games directly within EasyGo.
Version 1.8: Supports sharing games, problems on EasyGo server, and print problems.
Version 1.7.2: Introduces new Joseki mode.
Version 1.7: Added favorites, tag support, and Fuseki search.
EasyGo is a multi-function go software designed to help you improve your go skills and enjoy the go game:
1. Extensive problems bundled
EasyGo has total 2400 problems bundled ranging from basics, life and death, tesuji and endgame. And the 893 problems on life and death have extensive variations built in to respond to all of your possible moves.
2. A lot of ways to study problems
• Problem Practice - Sort problems by total tried times, wrong times, and win rate or shuffle problems. Random swap color and rotate board. If the opponent have multiple variations, you can tap the alternate move mark to switch to that variation.
• Problem Test - Take standard test(20 problems in 10 minutes) or custom test, in which you can customize the total problem number, test time. During problem test, the restart, try, show solution button are disabled. The standard tests for the bundled problems are integrated with game center leaderboard. Test history is saved automatically. And you can review all the problems answered incorrectly later.
• Spaced Repetition System - EasyGo includes a spaced repetition system (SRS) to help you study go problems more effectively. Basically, it works like this: you are shown a problem and you choose “Fail”, “Hard”, or “Easy” according to how well you know it. The system will automatically present the problem again for review in the future. That is, EasyGo works like a flashcard application.
3. Game records browse/edit/replay
EasyGo is also a SGF editor, supporting most of commonly used SGF FF4 properties, and features a node tree view, a variation table. You can use EasyGo to record your own games, create your own problems, and switch to problem mode to test at anytime.
4. Easy import/Export
You can zip all your sgf files and transfer to EasyGo via iTunes file sharing. EasyGo will maintain the original folder structures in the zip file. You can also download sgf/zip files from mobile safari and import to EasyGo easily. EasyGo will be installed to handle SGF/ZIP files, and can import files from any mobile app supporting Open-In(such as Mail, Dropbox).
• Supports browse your games/problems in list or grid view
• Auto detect problems and normal games
• Sort games by black name, white name, game date, game name
• Bookmark system problems to user library, add any game to favorites, and assign multiple tags to game
• Supports comment edit, add black, add white, add triangle, square, remove node tree, insert node, etc.
• Create a problem by crop part of the current board position
• Auto replay, speed can be adjusted
• Two finger swipe to toggle full screen mode(iPhone and iPad full screen landscape mode only)
• Two layouts for full screen landscape mode on iPad
• Organize by folders, supports batch edit: move, copy, delete, mail, export to iTunes folder, You can reorder the games by drag the standard iOS order control
• Supports drag and drop to adjust different views, pinch in the comment view to adjust font
• Two finger swipe left or right to switch between recently opened games
• Built in file manager, easily browse iTunes share folder, import sgf, zip files, email files
• Import game by pasting SGF data from clipboard
• Built-in web browser to help import SGF link easily
• Export a single game to other applications via Open In. Export multiple games or folders to a zip file, which can be emailed or handled to other apps(such as Dropbox)
• Multi user support, view global problem test statistics and per folder problem test statistics
• Choose 12 built in board background images and several stone textures. Custom board background image and stone textures are also supported
Fix TYGEM game download. Now non ASCII TYGEM usernames are supported.
Ratings and Reviews
A very nice Go app
Do the exercises included and you will definitely improve your level.
Also it helps when you review your own games in Tygem.
The developer responds quickly and do listen to users feedback.
Great problem library
This app has a great problem library. Also, you can easily load Kogo’s joseki dictionary and interactively practice the sequences.
It’s too bad there is no version with a Japanese interface.
Good but crashes often
Trying to open tygem games lead to crashes every time
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.