By Zirak s.r.l.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
EasyTrails GPS is the GPS tracker application for your iPhone.
The perfect application for those who are passionate about OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES and TRAVELING, everybody who likes outdoor sports, and not only.
- Featured by Apple in November 2014
- BEST OUTDOOR APP 2009 by 148apps.com
- BEST Italian APP 2011, 2013 Sport by macitynet.it
- More than 100 weeks at top 10 Sport IT
- More than 14 weeks at overall top 10 IT
Are you going for a bike or motorcycle ride? Well, EasyTrails GPS will tell you how many miles you traveled, how much time you spent, how high you climbed and many other details. In real-time it will show you the course on a map, comparing it with downloaded tracks and points of interest.
You can import or share all tracks and waypoints, photos and ideas for new journeys with your friends.
Share where you are on Facebook and Twitter through your GPS position, and export your tracks in standard formats, so you can review them on Google Earth, SportTracks and TrailsRunner. Or simply upload them to online services like Garmin Connect, or many others.
It's possible to import tracks by e-mail or Safari (EasyTrails can handle GPX, KML/KMZ and ZIP file formats), or by wi-fi networks, using an improved and easy to use web-based sharing feature.
Calculate routes and let EasyTrails guide you using the new navigation capabilities. You can also let it guide you through previously recorded tracks.
Additionally, EasyTrails GPS can communicate with navigators like Maps, Google Maps, TomTom or Waze (if installed) for more advanced guidance needs.
Load custom cartography, EasyTrails supports KMZ and MBTILES formats.
EasyTrails GPS is easy to use and extremaly accurate. It ensures the maximum duration of battery thanks to the possibility of recording in "StandBy" mode. However, be aware that use of GPS, even in background, will have a significant impact on battery duration.
► For more info, visit our website: www.easytrails.com
► Heart rate monitoring (paid)
We added the ability to connect to compatible Bluetooth heart rate monitors (such as Polar H6 and H7 devices). Heart rate can be seen in real time from the dashboard.
With the 'Heart rate monitoring' in-app purchase:
- heart rate data will be associated to GPS tracks
- saved tracks will have an extra heart rate chart
- heart rate data will be saved to HealthKit
Additionally, with the 'Colored tracks' in-app purchase, it will be possible to highlight heart rate data directly on the map screen of a recorded track.
- Support for many different map types
- Support for different coordinate systems
- Support for user-loaded offline cartography (KMZ and MBTILES)
- Export tracks (single or multiple) in standard formats (GPX, KML/KMZ and CSV), with their associated waypoints and pictures
- Import tracks (GPX and KML/KMZ)
- Import waypoints (GPX and KML/KMZ)
- Resume recording of tracks
- Save waypoints with photos and descriptions
- Navigate to a point of interest
- Sharing via Facebook and Twitter
- Follow a path/track
- Navigate (distance / direction) towards any waypoint
- Navigate (distance / direction) towards any track marker (start / pause / resume / end points)
- Advanced Navigation to a waypoint using any navigation app you may have installed
- Upload tracks to GPSies (http://www.gpsies.com)
- Upload tracks to SportTracks (http://sporttracks.mobi)
- Upload tracks to OpenTrail (http://www.opentrail.us)
- Upload tracks to OkMap (http://www.okmap.org)
- Real-time visualization of distance, speed, altitude bearing and other data
- Map Visualization in different modes: street map, satellite, hybrid, terrain
- Charts (elevation profiles, ...)
- Digital Compass
- Heart rate monitoring
- Turn by turn directions
- High battery duration (record in standby)
- Select between metric, imperial and nautical measuring systems
- Intuitive and User Friendly interface
- Lightweight, reliable and accurate
- Doesn't require internet connection
What's New in Version 9.12
► Pictures storage
We added the ability for users to select whether to save pictures into EasyTrails or into the device camera roll.
► Improvements and bug fixes
Several bug fixes, including a crashing bug that prevented users with devices running iOS 7 to use the new download offline maps feature.
Great trail app
I use this app on nearly all my trail rides now. I like the map feature and the log of distance, time, speeds, etc. has worked great for me. I can also upload my tracks to Open Trail easily after my rides.
The only down side is it does drain your battery so on long rides I carry a backup travel charger in my saddle bag. I take pics too so partially from the photo app but this def adds to my low battery when I get back to camp.
Just press the grey square to start and then the red dot to stop.
I do need to see if I can edit my tacks as sometimes I forget to shut it off before driving home!
My wife and I go trail riding on our horses on the weekends, this is the greatest app for that! Not only can you track the trail you can also take pictures on the way and you can share it with your friends through many different apps!
Great app-almost perfect
I love this app and would rate it perfect except for lacking a default when trying to save a track. It's inadvertently failed to save a track. I use a Garmin GPS as a back-up just for the few times tracks either got stopped or failed to save.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Sep 21, 2016
- Version: 9.12
- Size: 26.5 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Zirak Srl
- © 2009-2016 Zirak s.r.l.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Download maps$1.99
- Colored tracks$0.99
- Heart rate monitoring$1.99