By Sutro Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
★ The Foodies Guide to Florence ★
Florence is one of the world’s favorite cities. Filled with paintings, sculpture and Renaissance palaces it’s one of the wonders of Western civilization. While you’d be hard put to walk down one of the cobblestoned alleyways without running into a masterpiece (or a great leather store), finding a great meal is another story. Tourist town means tourist traps. But with Elizabeth Minchilli’s Eat Florence in your pocket you’ll be sure that every morsel of food you put in your mouth is the best.
WHAT DOES THIS APP OFFER ?
* EXPERT FOOD ADVICE - Minchilli has been reporting on the food scene in Italy for magazines and newspapers for years, and is the go-to source for insiders.
* MORE than just restaurants, you’ll find bakeries, wine bars, kitchen and food stores, coffee bars and everything a die hard foodie could dream of.
* MORE lively and opinionated content. Minchilli lets you know the score, telling you what you’ll expect and what to look for.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH THIS APP?
* Avoid tourist traps and go straight to the best in Florence.
* Browse through 110 carefully selected entries.
* One click website links go directly to the source.
* Share reviews, photos and user comments
* Access offline content anytime, anywhere.
* View more than 800 photos.
★ About the Author ★
Elizabeth Minchilli has been eating her way through Italy her entire life. She is the author of six books on Italian living, and contributes to over forty magazines and newspapers, including Bon Appetit, Food & Wine and The International Herald Tribune. She has appeared on Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie and KCRW's Good Food. She writes about all the good stuff in Italy on her blog Elizabeth Minchilli in Rome.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - email@example.com
What's New in Version 1.9
- fixed recent bug with twitter field
- fixed landscape transition issue
- resolved display issue on iPhone 5
- more offline photos on original download and faster download of offline content
- fixed intermittent bug with dynamic updates
- added better crash analytics and fixed a number of intermittent stability problems
Great reco's, perfectly described!
We used this app on our recent trip to Florence (as well as Eat Venice and Eat Rome) and found that every recommended hotel and restaurant to be spot on the description. We very much enjoyed every place we went that was listed in this app.
We actually went to one place that was not in this app or in the list from our friend/chef from Lucca and we were very disappointed. I want my 2.5 hrs back. Lesson learned, we stuck to Eat Florence, Eat Venice and our friends list the rest of the trip.
As noted in my reviews of the other apps, I wrote to Elizabeth with a few comments and she was very quick to respond and very pleasant.
I would like to see all three app designs updated to feel a little more iO7 like, but what's most important here is the quality of the content, and this has it.
I highly recommend this app – and the other two.
Good, but needs work
The recommendations that are given are good, but this app is by no means comprehensive. In addition, on a functional level, the streets in the city center are not rendering making it worthless for that part of town, many of the map locations are wrong and the zoom level is insufficient making it hard to select recommendations close to each other. Granted, the app was not expensive but I would still expect it to work properly.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Oct 15, 2013
- Version: 1.9
- Size: 19.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sutro Media
- © Elizabeth Minchilli
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.