Eat This, Not That! Restaurants
By Galvanized Brands LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Join the food revolution! Based on the best selling book series, the Eat This, Not That! Restaurant app is the complete no-diet weight-loss solution. Discover thousands of simple food swaps, track calories, and create a personalized weight loss plan. Now you can eat smart, eat healthy, and eat well and still lose all the weight you want. Optimized for your life, use the Eat This, Not That! app behind the wheel at your regular drive-thru window, at the food tables of your favorite chain restaurant, or even in the aisles of your local supermarket!
• Track calories for over 13,000 menu items and 10,000 grocery products
• Calculate calories burned for 230 exercises and activities
• Trust the most accurate formulas available to determine caloric budgets
• Easily adjust calorie budgets to customize your plan
• View calorie information by day and week, so you can see the short
• View your daily calorie budget (consumed, burned off, remaining) on the home screen
• Use the instant add feature to quickly enter calorie and workout info
• The food database updates automatically. No need to re-download to access new and improved content
EAT THIS, NOT THAT! PREMIUM CONTENT
• Discover simple food swaps that'll save you hundreds of calories
• Learn restaurant survival strategies to make the smartest choice every time
• See the best and worst foods in America
• Record and chart your weight loss progress
RESTAURANT SURVIVAL STRATEGIES
• View nutritional grades for over 13,000 adult and kid menu items
• See a summary of the best and worst options for each restaurant
• Put two foods head-to-head to see which is the healthier option
• Can you choose the better food?
*Certain activities on this app may be licensed under one or more claims of U.S. Patent No. 6,585,516.
What's New in Version 1.1
-Sorting added to Menu Item browsing
-General bug fixing
Yes, it counts calories. But I don't know the serving size of anything. I count Hershey Kissies by the piece. This wants to know how many servings I ate. 9 pieces per serving, I ate 4, no way to accurately divide. I eat 7 left over, take out, chicken wings. How many portions us that? And you cannot get that far until you decode the "official" name of the product - buffalo wings. Had some peanut butter on my apple slices. Overestimated the amount of peanut butter, now I cannot go back and edit down my snack size. No ability to do a "what if?" So if I have two snack choices, I cannot see the calorie count before I make a decision.
Keeping a food log is not easy on paper. They writers have done a terrific job including (seemingly) all the choices from so many restaurants and groceries. This can make keeping a log easier to do. And provides instant gratification on seeing where you are on your daily goals. I especially like seeing my calorie credits show up after I exercise.
This review was written after less than one day of use.
Outstanding concept (mobile version of the restaurant book) but fails in execution. First, there is only a limited number of even the most popular chains available to view. The menus for the restaurants that are represented are outdated. Many have added, removed or completely changed items in there menu but the app has not been updated in a long time. When I upgraded my phone to iOS 6.1 it doesn't work at all. The app will load but the screen is blank when you try to look at menus. I would say its only temporary until they update the app, but it seems they don't update the app (yet still charge $5 for it). Don't waste your money unless Mens Health starts really trying to make an effort for their customers with this app. Instead, your better off devoting your money to the print version of the book.
Very Useful Functionality from the free app is gone!
This new app, while having some expanded options has lost some very necessary functions from the free app they use to offer! 1. The date no longer advances each day, on the food diary; so you are entering your food on the previous days total AND 2. Since the edit function is no longer available for the food diary- you can't remove the incorrect entry. This means you will have double entries, making the week's total calorie counts meaningless! If I could somehow get the old app off of my old phone onto my new one I would! But as everything has updated on iTunes, I can't. The Old app was great I really hope they fix this glitz- if they do it would be 5 stars! Candace
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jan 17, 2011
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 13.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Galvanized Brands LLC
- © Galvanized Brands LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.