Eat fresh, waste less with EatBy App
The super smart grocery list and kitchen inventory. Now with our unique “AutoDate” function!
-- Featured by Reuters, Huffington Post, The Guardian, Good Housekeeping, Vegetarian Living, Los Angeles Times, Daily Mail, Your Home Magazine, Supermarket Guru, Strategy for Life and many more! --
EatBy App is the only smart kitchen app that:
• Saves you money.
• Reduces food waste.
• Helps the environment.
Know what food you have in your kitchen and see when it expires.
We are proud our innovative app has been featured in the press all around the world. And now we've made it even more beautiful and simple to use.
• “AutoDate” uniquely suggests storage times for 1000's of fresh items. No need to manually add expiry dates.
• EatBy App now learns your storage preferences.
• Automatic A.I. grocery list - takes the pain out of making lists.
• Kitchen inventory – always know what food you have and how fresh it is.
• Reminder Alert - never again forget food at the back of your fridge! Notifies on Apple Watch too.
• Recipe search - use up ingredients with our delicious recipe ideas or get involved and share your own recipes.
• Share functions - send your grocery list and kitchen inventory by message or email.
• Customise the app with your own food images and even have fun getting the kids involved.
• Opt out of signing up - EatBy App will still work for you.
• No in app adverts. Hoorah!
How it works.
You add items to your grocery list.
When you buy your groceries, instead of just striking the item off, your food items are sent into Your Kitchen inventory with the storage time or expiry date.
Many fresh items will automatically suggest storage times but you can adjust them as you wish. The app will remember the last storage time of all items for your convenience.
Your Kitchen inventory now lists all your food items in order of the expiry dates so you can see what you have and when to eat it by.
Previous items can be quickly added back onto your shopping list.
EatBy App essentially cycles your food items between the shopping list and your inventory.
A little effort spent at the beginning will save you loads of time and money later on.
What makes EatBy App special?
• It's your food, it’s your app to personalise. Our supplied food images are beautiful. But you can add your own to make it fun and truly unique.
• Our time saving, food cycle system is truly unique.
• We love to hear your feedback and always reply to messages.
• We strive to improve our app and the user experience.
Reducing food waste.
Collectively, we waste enough food in a year to fill a 2 mile high food bin. It costs us billions. It also has a huge negative impact on sustainability and the environment. The average family spends around $1,000 each year on uneaten and wasted food. So it makes sense that we all make an effort to reduce the food we waste.
Unlike many organisations we don’t share your personal details. We don't make what you have on your lists available to anyone - not even us.
Download the app today, start saving money and reducing wasted food.
Bug fixes. App no longer freezes on some devices.
We’ve also cleaned up the interface a little and added two great new features:
1) There’s a new share button on the “My Kitchen” screen (“My Pantry” for some users) which takes a screenshot of the visible items to be shared with family or even on social media. Ideal to remind family that something needs to be eaten up!
2) Information is available from the individual item's screen. An info button will appear by the item's description if additional storage, product or manufacture’s information is available. We’ll be adding this information to our servers over the coming months.
Thank you to everyone who's provided us with feedback. We truly appreciate it.
Ratings and Reviews
Idea 5 stars, performance 0 stars
Great idea and could be very useful if data base had data - tried app today and scanning barcodes is the way to go - but not if widely used items (like Heinz Ketchup or olives or mustard - Smucker's preserves) all have to put in manually. Plus the view is portrait, not landscape.
Other software I've used have huge data bases - no way do or can I recommend this app! I'll try again in a month or two to see if data base gets started.
Sorry - I really want this year and freezer. to work. Great potential in pantr
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.