EatOkra is your simple guide to finding black-owned restaurants. If you want to support local restaurants in your city, or just discover restaurants in a new city, join the team! Download eatOkra today! Available for iPhone.
Listings in NYC, Los Angeles, the Bay Area, St. Louis, Chicago, Miami, New Orleans, Philadelphia, DC, Atlanta, Houston & Dallas, Portland, Detroit, Minneapolis, Jacksonville, Newark, Austin, Memphis, Seattle, and more!
- Find Food Near You - Find black-owned restaurants
- Discover hot new and treasured black-owned restaurants in your area
- Order delivery or pickup from your phone or tablet
- Filter restaurant search results by distance, delivery, category and open
- Find restaurant addresses, phone numbers, and websites
- Conveniently navigate to restaurants
- Events feature to spotlight events and event participants ex. Black Restaurant Week
- Bookmark a restaurant as my favorites or save for later
- Rate a restaurant based on your past experience
search page rendering bug fix
discover page navigation update
Ratings and Reviews
There are great restaurants listed on this app. This app is just what the doctored ordered! We’re foodies, so having a centralized location where we can patronize black owned businesses, and keep commerce flowing within our community is important. I’d like to see additional locations listed - Kafe Hub in West Palm Beach / Riviera Beach, FL is a black owned coffee shop/ small plates restaurant with FANTASTIC flatbreads and home-brewed coffees. Highly recommend if you are in the area!
So refreshing to see an app for the culture. As a DC transplant (born and raised in GA)... I find myself sometimes wanting southern cuisine. This app def helps with that. I’ve used it a few times and will def use it more as a travel to different cities within the US.
Keep grinding and keep building!
Awesome and helpful
Love the app! Helped me find some great food options in an unfamiliar location!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.