The HALO Home Smart Lighting System offers a convenient way to control your home’s lights inside and outside of your home
Securely connect, automate and control lighting. The complete system offers HALO smart interior and exterior lighting, smart switches, voice control, remote access and an easy-to-use, downloadable HALO Home mobile app. The optional Internet Access Bridge provides Wi-Fi connectivity, enabling remote access to the lights and integration with Amazon Alexa products for voice control.
The HALO Home mobile app enables simple commissioning, scheduling, grouping and scene setting for devices. There are also smart lighting dependent features such as dimming and/or white-tuning (2700K-5000K).
HALO Home compatible products and devices include:
• HALO RL56 Smart Recessed Downlight
• HALO RL4 Smart Recessed Downlight
• HALO Home Anyplace Switch
• HALO Home Internet Access bridge
• HALO Smart Outdoor Flood Light
Check www.eaton.com/halohome for the most up to date available products.
You can read our FAQs and support documentation here: http://www.eaton.com/flash/electrical/connectedlighting/faq/
Why a login and password?
HALO Home is designed for multi-device networks and users who care about security. Your password-protected account allows only authorized users to program your network enables many users to control many devices with a single account, and provides instant settings recovery if you lose or change phones.
What do you need to get started?
• A HALO Home compatible light fixture or switch
• The HALO Home app
• A phone or tablet that supports Bluetooth
Instant Set Up
Once you have powered your HALO Home compatible device by plugging it in or wiring it, set up takes only a few moments. Stand near the powered device(s). Download the app and register your account.
From the app's dashboard, press the "Big Plus" button to add your first device. HALO Home’s Bluetooth technology will list any HALO Home devices that are in range and invite you to add them to your account.
Once qualified devices have been added, you can instantly use your features to control and program individual devices or create groups.
That's it! It's easy.
*Depending on your devices and/or region/country, some features may require an upgraded account, purchase of additional devices, and/or may be unavailable (e.g., Amazon Echo). For dimming, color changing, devices must offer those functions. Please check product packaging for details on the account features that come with your purchase.
New Settings screen
Schedule migration improvement; the schedule checkup only runs once
New firmware update banner to improve user experience
Ratings and Reviews
This app is definitely the first version. While I understand the technical limitations, this app is missing UX polish that would give it 5 stars.
1. Why does the app have to reconnect everytime I open it? Shouldn't the app continue running in the background, thus never lose connection.
2. Why can't the devices or scenes detect which ones are on our off? Currently I have two scenes, both with the same lights, but different colors. The app may show both scenes are on at the same time, which is impossible. It shouldn't be hard to poll the devices to get their current state, and then decide which devices and scenes are on our off based on their state.
It’s a good start!
I think that this application has great potential given the technology within the devices.
It would be ideal if you could display the current brightness percentage of the light within the application as displayed on the website. Also, it would benefit if the Kelvin temperature was also displayed when fine tuning.
This is great!!
I was able to change out and start controlling all the lights in my great room in just a few minutes. Easy to set up and use the app. I love the color changing.
- Eaton Corporation
- 100.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2017 Eaton Corporation. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.