By eBay Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The eBay Motors marketplace is now on your iPhone and iPad. The eBay Motors app lets you easily browse and shop for the vehicles you want and the vehicle parts and accessories you need, all within an optimized buying experience for the Motors enthusiast.
• Quickly search for cars, motorcycles, or parts by Make, Model, and Year
• Easily contact sellers to get more information or to arrange a vehicle purchase
• List your vehicle for sale as well as parts and accessories for sale with the selling feature.
• Shared drafts for selling enables you to start your listing on one device and finish on another.
• Garage features allow you store information about your vehicles
• Videos section with our original weekly videos series the World's Fastest Car Show
• Parts compatibility information with all cars, including ones in your garage
• Scan VIN to pre-fill the Garage with your vehicle details
• Use Dream Vehicles to save a search for the car or motorcycle you've always wanted
• Search and refine features to find the perfect vehicle or parts you need
• Get up to speed with all the latest automotive news and car reviews with the eBay Motors blog
• Get inspiration by checking out what others are doing with their vehicles in the eBay Motors community
• Customizable Featured Gallery showing the listings you want to see
• View all eBay activity in your My eBay
Create your own custom Garage by scanning the VIN barcode on your vehicles and the app will pre-fill out and store the details. By creating your Garage, this will make it easy to search for the parts & accessories made to fit your particular vehicle. Do you have fantasies about owning your dream car? You may not have to dream for long as eBay Motors has the best prices on vehicles. Create a Dream Vehicle in the Garage to easily search for your next ride. Listing your car or truck for sale has never been easier with the vehicle selling feature. The World's Fastest Car Show! Our Videos section features the World's Fastest Car Show with World Champion and Le Mans winner Justin Bell as host. Watch new episodes weekly as Justin takes you on test drives, teaches celebrities how to drive, and delivers the best and baddest the automotive lifestyle has to offer.
What's New in Version 2.0.4
eBay Motors Application Review
The application is a step in the right direction but does have issues! The search index is great! for instance, in my line of work I am searching for "ambulances" as where the traditional app returns tons of irrelevant postings. The motors app returns exactly what we are interested in! The app screen is laid out well but is clunky when looking at certain postings. The picture gallery is not that good. You have to tap an individual picture to really see it full sized otherwise your lead to think its a smaller posted picture when really it's just cropped. Over all I like the application I just think the location of buttons should be reworked. Let's see the the pictures larger and more prominent. It's a good application and does not crash it's very stable!
Just ok. Needs improvement
The app basically works. My big issue is the photo gallery's. More specifically scrolling through the images is horrible, it's not smooth and quite often pushes me back to the previous image. Also if you are viewing a gallery in landscape mode and click "Done" the page gets messed up. It doesn't work in landscape mode and doesn't reset you to portrait mode rendering the app useless unless you go back into the gallery, put your phone in portrait mode and then click done. I'm surprised the app developers didn't find this glitch before pushing live. I'd also like to see an option for turning the auto scrolling off on the home page slideshow, or at least turn it off if the user starts manually scrolling through. Instead of bouncing the user around when they're trying to read one of the slides.
Far away from good
It seem to work better. The one thing that is pointless about the app is that specially dealers still get to create a very minimal post on eBay (in accordance to the app's functionality) and still you have to go to their site to get all the information. Also, if the dealers information is in the post, why posting 4 images of some random information instead of creating better content on the actual cars? eBay should have a more strict policy as of posting requirements. Edit: the iPad version, as well as the iPhone version, is missing a lot of models and one can only hope they will show on "other" if available. The last available year is 2014 (iPad) and 2015 models became available on September of the previous year.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Nov 05, 2014
- Version: 2.0.4
- Size: 25.0 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: eBay Inc.
- © eBay 2011-2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.