eBay: Buy & Sell Electronics, Fashion and More
By eBay Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The eBay app makes it easy to shop, search, buy, and sell. Manage your eBay experience whenever and wherever you are!
With the eBay app you can:
• Search the best deals on millions of items.
• Get the things you love for the right price. Everything is here, from clothes to electronics to cars.
• Find deals on new items or purchase in bulk straight from the source.
• Buy your favorite items from our trusted seller and save money.
• Bid & buy on auctions to get incredible discounts on the products you love.
• Choose Buy It Now to get the items you need instantly.
• Follow your favorite searches and sellers for quick access to the latest inventory.
List your items for sale in minutes:
• List your used, new or duplicate items and start making extra money.
• See when customers view, bid, watch and message about your items.
Track orders and get notifications:
• Get customizable alerts about your eBay items and activity.
• Track your packages.
• Leave feedback for sellers.
• Read and respond to eBay messages.
• Report missing or un-shipped items.
Use the barcode scanner to search and sell stuff faster:
• Scan items to search eBay for deals.
• Auto-create a listing with a simple scan to speed up the selling process.
• Users scanning items will be able to find your listings faster than ever.
Shop and sell in categories like:
• Clothes & Fashion
• Electronics & Gadgets
• Cars & Motorcycles
• Home & Garden
• Collectibles & Art
• …and much more
eBay gets you top prices on the items you love, and the best value for the things you want to sell. Whether you shop or sell, eBay’s mobile app does it all. We’ll stop here so you can start shopping now.
Download the eBay app and start your search today!
KEEP IN TOUCH
Thanks to all our loyal fans for your support and suggestions! Your feedback is important to us. Please contact us with any questions by tweeting @askebay or join the discussion at www.ebay.com/iOS
What's New in Version 5.3.0
• Everything at your fingertips - Improved navigation makes finding things a snap.
• My eBay is back - Keep track of everything you’re watching, bidding on or buying in one spot.
• Sell, sell, sell - All things selling, all in one place.
Your feedback is important to us. Please contact us with any questions by tweeting @askebay or join the discussion at www.ebay.com/iOS
I am mostly writing this in the hopes that eBay will stop asking me to review their app. But I have bought thousands of items and I do like the app for the most part. They need to put more effort into programming for mobile devices however. I have an iPhone 6 plus (so, larger screen than most smartphones) but many of the most common things I click on require me to scroll to get to them. I don't need to have the category (sometimes five lines) up front because I ALREADY FOUND THE ITEM. I don't need the item number either while I'm deciding if I'm going to bid. When I want to see what similar items sold for in recent months, I should be able to press one button, not have to press 7. eBay needs to talk to people who use eBay a lot and maybe get some focus groups to make suggestions for improvements to the mobile app. But by in large the app is functional and does its job. Now stop asking me to review eBay because that banner causes the messages notifications and the followed searches button on the home page not be seen without scrolling down.
Update: eBay finally fixed the order of ended watched items even though it took them months to do so. Isn't your only job to set up software so the money can roll in? They still have not fixed the fact that I keep getting notifications for items that I have already seen. Multiple times. It's been months. Please fix it.
To much going on & no foreward button
I'm looking at a listing, I want to know more so I go into "item description" then I want to go back to my search so I hit the back button. I wait. Nothing. I hit it again and it moves back twice or three times and now I'm totally out of the search and back on the home "my eBay" and have to start the search all over again. It's happened so many times weather I'm looking for the perfect pair if shoes or researching items I want to list. YOU NEED A FOREWARD BUTTON on the app. so users can move around easier. You have a back button but if it's hit to far there's no getting back to a search or listing. By then I give up and the sale is lost. Additionally this version has to much going on and has to many steps to list items compared to other versions ...even just to get to my selling area takes to long. I know it's challenging to meet all the users needs but I can't wait for your next version because this one feels unfinished. I've been in beta teams before and enjoy watching the process so when I say this is my least favorite I say it because if I'm struggling I wonder if others are when trying to purchase from me too. This version is cumbersome and hopefully just a bump in the evolving road.
The eBay app has been hit and miss since its early days. On several occasions the errors have cost me money in the form of listing fees for listings with errors that could not be edited without ending the listing.
I tried contacting eBay multiple times over the last several years, and have found they always have a "customer is wrong" attitude to fixing things.
In fact, just this week eBay ended two of my items that they did not understand what they were: tools used by armorers. Funny that there are multiple identical items for sale without issue. They state I should contact policy experts at eBay to discuss the items as I am not allowed to sell restricted items. Obviously if it was a restricted item I would not sell it. And I already know where that discussion is going: "you're wrong, customer...but thanks for your money."
If the app had better resources and if the "experts" at eBay were actual experts things would be much better.
- Category: Shopping
- Updated: Aug 15, 2016
- Version: 5.3.0
- Size: 57.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: eBay Inc.
- © 2008 – 2016 eBay Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.