Enjoy reading the Boy Scout Handbook ebook with auto-scrolling, day and night viewing modes, bookmarks, multiple font sizes, full screen viewing in portrait and landscape orientations, and more!
• AUTO-SCROLL: Hands free reading with our advanced variable speed auto-scrolling.
• FULL SCREEN VIEW: No tab, navigation, or toolbars to get in your viewing way.
• BOOKMARK CONTROLS: Bookmarking lets you start up where you left off fast.
• MULTIPLE FONT SIZES: Increase or decrease the text size quickly and easily.
• DAY & NIGHT MODES: Switch from day to night mode at the touch of a finger.
• PORTRAIT & LANDSCAPE: Read your eBook in portrait or landscape position.
• AUTO SETTINGS: Your viewer settings are automatically saved and loaded.
• COPY & PASTE: Copy and paste selected text to other apps.
• TEXT MAGNIFICATION: Magnify text for easier reading.
• And more!
eBook Media Viewer Series #1
Title: Boy Scouts Handbook - The First Edition, 1911
Author: Boy Scouts of America
Details: Fully Illustrated
The Boy Scout Handbook is the official handbook of the Boy Scouts of America. It is a descendant of Baden-Powell's original handbook, Scouting for Boys, which has been the basis for Scout handbooks in many countries, with some variations to the text of the book depending on each country's codes and customs.
The original edition of the handbook was based on Baden-Powell's work. Ernest Thompson Seton combined his Woodcraft manual, the Birch Bark Rolls, with Baden-Powell's Scouting for Boys. Subsequent works were done by other authors. William "Green Bar Bill" Hillcourt wrote the 6th, 7th, and 9th editions. Frederick L. Hines wrote the 8th, and Robert Birkby the 10th, 11th and 12th editions.
The book describes many Scout-like virtues and qualifications. After a lengthy section on what a Scout should know, including chivalry, history, and national issues, we read that "In short, to be a good Scout is to be a well-developed, well-informed boy."
Table of Contents:
Chapter 1: Scoutcraft
Chapter 2: Woodcraft
Chapter 3: Campcraft
Chapter 4: Tracks, Trailing and Signaling
Chapter 5: Health and Endurance
Chapter 6: Chivalry
Chapter 7: First Aid and Life Saving
Chapter 8: Games and Athletic Standards
Chapter 9: Patriotism and Citizenship
Updated for lated iOS.
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty good at a great price
This is a pretty good presentation of this classic Boy Scout Handbook at a price much less than the printed version. This copy doesn't have all of the extras that the current iPhone edition of the new Boy Scout Handbook has, but it is a great companion book nonetheless.
I haven't spent much time in this just yet, but I'm not happy with it thus far. It isn't very intuitive. Controls are very lacking.
It is a glorified PDF file (an unsearchable PDF, as far as I can tell).
It has a ways to go, for sure!
I wouldn't pay $.99 for it, let alone $2.99!!
Waste of money
Junk. Not what I was looking for.
- PROCYPHER CORPORATION
- 12 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2016 Procypher Corp. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.