By Xelaton Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
What is eBookBinder, what can it do for you?
eBookBinder is the super-easy tool to create your own eBooks using your existing text-documents. There are just three major steps to your very own eBook:
1. Enter book details:
Name of the book and its author, add an image for the book-cover, webpage of the publisher and other details can be entered. There is no need to fill all fields, at least you have to enter a name for your book.
2. Add text-files as chapters to your book-project:
Every single text-file you add to eBookBinder is treated as a single chapter. Give your chapters a name and order them per drag'n drop to your desired sequence of chapters.
3. Create your ebook:
Just hit the "Bind Book"-Button and eBookBinder will compile the ebook for you. That's all!
What can be added to eBookBinder?
eBookBinder supports several different types of text-files. Next to plain-text files also doc-, odt-, rtf-, rtfd-, html- and webarchive-files are supported by eBookBinder. But that's not all!
Support of markup-languages
eBookBinder also accepts plain-text files as input with markup-formatting of following languages: Markdown, MultiMarkdown, Textile, Wikitext, BBCode, Smark
These will be converted on the fly when adding these as chapters to your book-process. Visit the preferences of eBookBinder to determine the file-extensions which should be treated for conversion. All files with appropriate file-extensions will be converted when imported.
Additionally there's the cool splice-feature for markup-formatted documents. If activated (option within preferences), eBookBinder can automatically split (by using headlines as new chapter-beginnings) large documents into small chapters.
Your compiled eBook-project will be saved as an ePub-File. EPub-files can be read by a variety of ebook-readers and by the iBook-application for iOS-Devices like iPhone or iPad.
Additionally, eBookBinder can create mobipocket-files. Therefore the free tool kindlegen (available at amazon.com) has to be installed and set within the preferences. eBookBinder takes care of the rest.
Mobi-files are especially used for Amazon Kindle-devices and -applications.
Project-Manager and automatic saving
On the left of the eBookBinder main-window all your book-projects are being listed. You can add and remove as many book-projects as you like to.
All your project-details are being saved automatically, you don't need to care about that (exception, in-built chapter-editor, you'll be asked, if you want to save changes).
In-built editor for your chapters
eBookBinder also features an in-build editor which offers some basic editing features like setting text bold, inverse or underlined and alignment of text.
However, the best feature of the editor is the "Reduce-Feature": Select the text you want to keep and hit the reduce button, anything not selected will be removed. This is ideal for editing web-articles to remove all the advertising- and navigation-stuff quickly.
Advanced features are the adding of custom HTML-heads to the chapters and custom CSS-stylesheets. Also take a look at the preferences and add some basic values, so you don't need to write them down every time you create a new book-project.
Furthermore eBookBinder offers convenience-features to rename and adding enumeration to your chapters quickly.
eBookBinder can read in ePub-files, which are not DRM-protected, and creates of its contents a new book-project which can be edited just like the normal projects.
eBookBinder is suitable for use with VoiceOver
eBookBinder supports a wide set of character-sets. Texts written for example in Chinese, Greek, Hebrew, Japanese or Russian can be used with eBookBinder.
What's New in Version 1.2.0
- multiple reordering of chapters in the chapters-table
- multi-delete of chapters in the chapter-table
- improved handling of subject/genre of books. Tags seperated by , will be added individually
Improvements when importing:
- two-way chapter-import. If the manifest of the book is incomplete, a manual search for chapters is performed to make sure all chapters of the book will be imported
- better finding of the books cover-image
- import of author-name improved, if possible name will be separated into fore- and lastname
- better recognition of publishing-date
- description of book will be cleaned of HTML-tags by default
- diverse other changes to ensure better imports
- more intelligent selection of rows in the chapters table after deleting chapters
- Textile-Parser updated to version 3.5.5
- Smark-Parser updated to version 1.1.0
- fixed an issue where that caused the tab-selektor and bind-book-button to disappear
- additional check for import to prevent import of not importable (DRM-protected) books, which caused eBookBinder to become unresponsive
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Mar 17, 2014
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 1.1 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Alexander Sasse
- © Xelaton Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later, 64-bit processor