Kobo Reading App – Read Books and Magazines
By Kobo Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Kobo, you can read on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch anywhere, anytime.
Visit Kobo and browse more than 3.5 million free and affordable titles in the Kobo Store, including bestsellers, award winners, new releases, classics, and hidden gems. All your books sync right to the app.
With Kobo’s reading app, you’re able to:
• Pick up right where you left off. We sync your bookmarks, notes, and highlights, so you can keep reading across all your devices.
• Experience the rich, colorful environment of the world's best magazines.* Our exclusive Guided Reading feature lets you breeze through articles for an uninterrupted read. You can seamlessly navigate through the article all with a simple tap.
• Customize your reading experience. Enjoy crisp, clear text, in the size and style you prefer; try Night Mode for easier nighttime reading; and lock the screen in portrait or landscape mode to read how you like.
• Enjoy first chapter previews for thousands of select books.
• Make your reading a social experience with Reading Life™. Earn fun and surprising awards, track how long it takes to read a book, and much more.
• Add books to your Library from email, the web, or your Dropbox account. You can even read books from your local public library.
• Share ideas with Kobo Pulse™. Find out who in the Kobo Community is reading what you are and discuss what you've read with them.
• Post your activities to Facebook. See what your friends are reading and share quotes, notes, and book reviews with friends. Like and comment on books your friends post to Facebook.
• Read in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, or Japanese.
* Magazines available in US and Canada only
What's New in Version 7.9.3
New Look, Same Kobo
As a part of the Rakuten Group of companies, empowering people through online services, Kobo has a fresh new look.
Our passion remains the same: to deliver the best eReading experience to those who love to read.
Bug fixes and general improvements.
Let us know what you think! Send your feedback to email@example.com
My first time downloading any sort of e-reader... And I'm very pleased! This app offers a LOT of free e-books, or many for 99cents. Each day I get an e-mail for new offers (which, I actually wish that that was less common, because it can be annoying and a bit overwhelming) but I still like the options. I love that I can pull out of my phone and read various stories whenever- in a car ride, on my lunch break at work, in bed with my boyfriend, etc.
Good, but could be better...
Overall, this is a very good app. I like the choice of backgrounds and the ability to define and highlight text. The biggest complaint I have is that most times when I try to open the app, it won't load. I have to restart my iPad, then enter the app again. Not sure why this is happening, but I don't have this problem with any other app. Other than that, it works great!
Great App. Even Greater Support
I have both Kindle & iBooks apps and Kobo meets all the same requirements. Best of all, their support exceeded my expectations. I was having trouble loading the more than 70 books I purchased onto my new iPad and they fixed my problem within 24 hours. The problem was my fault, not theirs. Excellent support and great app!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Oct 14, 2015
- Version: 7.9.3
- Size: 89.0 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Kobo Inc.
- © 2015 Kobo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.