Welcome to the wild west. You’re an attending at a busy county hospital, and beds are scarce. Today is particularly bad, with hordes of patients checking in every minute. You can’t see them, but you need a way to triage them, so your tech brings you stacks of ECGs from the waiting room.
Review the ECGs presented to you and assess their acuity. The options are:
- Waiting Room: routine triage
- Next Available: top of the waiting room
- Room Immediately: straight to a bed
- Code STEMI: activate the cath lab
- Stampede Mode: Play a quick game, ten ECG's with a sparse allotment of beds.
- Quiz Mode: Do as many ECG's as you'd like, seeing answers along the way.
- Random Mode: Luck of the draw, they're probably all STEMI's.
Ratings and Reviews
I’m working as a patient care assistant in an ER until I graduate my nursing program this year. I take multiple EKGs per day, but have very little clue of what I’m looking at unless it’s an NSR. The app gives me an opportunity to practice identifying abnormalities in order to prioritize patients that seek emergent care.
Such a useful tool for EM physicians. Loved by my entire residency program at Harbor UCLA!
Great ECG triage practice. Could you add ability to pinch-zoom the EKGs?
Developer Response ,
Excellent suggestion, I’ll add that in the next version. For the time being, you can tap on the ECG to view full screen and can pinch-to-zoom and pan that way.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.