EchoCalc is the official App of the British Society of Echocardiography (BSE) made freely available to download. It contains all of the BSE normal reference values for transthoracic echocardiography and other widely used reference values, including those for prosthetic aortic and mitral valves. The information is displayed in an easy-to-use format, and is supported by clear high quality diagrams.
EchoCalc also includes a series of key echocardiography calculators commonly used in clinical practice:
- Body Surface Area (BSA)
- LV diameter, diastolic and systolic volumes, and mass indexed for BSA
- E/Em for estimation of PCWP and diastolic function
- LA volume
- Aortic regurgitation: regurgitant volume, regurgitant fraction and EROA by volumetric analysis
- Aortic stenosis: aortic valve area by continuity equation and velocity ratio
- Mitral regurgitation: regurgitant volume, regurgitant fraction and EROA by volumetric analysis and by PISA
- Mitral stenosis: mitral valve area by pressure half-time and by PISA
- Prosthetic aortic & mitral valves: dimensionless index, EOA and EOA indexed for BSA
- Fixed number format issues for non-UK/US regions
- Corrected several minor typos
Ratings and Reviews
Best echo reference app out there
Straight forward. Easy to use. Essential reference ranges. Perfect tool for any echocardiographer, cardiologist, or fellow. Would be nice if app was updated for Retina display and optimized for iPhone 5.
Great. Needs background color change. Dark green is tough to see wording. Slightly larger font would be nice.
Covers all aspects of TTE. Standardized measurements are in accordance with the ASE guidelines. Volume indices for LA and LV measurements are a great help. I don't have to keep my Feigenbaum nearby anymore!!!
- British Society of Echocardiography
- 17.1 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © British Society of Echocardiography
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.