Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy
By Big Daddy's Creations
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Alliances are shattering, and hasty diplomatic treaties are made in secrecy. A confrontation of the superpowers seems inevitable – only the outcome of the galactic conflict remains to be seen. Which faction will emerge victorious and rule the galaxy?
A game of Eclipse places you in control of a vast interstellar civilization, competing for success with its rivals. You will explore new star systems, research technologies, and build mighty spaceships. There are many potential paths to victory, so you need to plan your strategy considering the strengths and weaknesses of your species, while paying attention to the other civilizations' endeavors.
Eclipse other civilizations and lead your people to victory!
* Official iOS version of the 'Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy' boardgame
* Deep and challenging 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminate) gameplay
* 7 species with different strengths and weaknesses
* Customizable star systems, technology tree and ship designs
* Up to 6 players (human or AI)
* Asynchronous multiplayer with push notifications
* 3 AI difficulty levels
* In-game tutorial & manual
Eclipse received multiple awards:
* 2011 Charles S. Roberts Best Science-Fiction or Fantasy Board Wargame Nominee
* 2011 Jogo do Ano Nominee
* 2012 Golden Geek Board Game of the Year Winner
* 2012 Golden Geek Golden Geek Best Strategy Board Game Winner
* 2012 International Gamers Award - General Strategy: Multi-player Nominee
* 2012 JoTa Best Gamer Game Audience Award
* 2012 JUG Game of the Year Winner
* 2012 Ludoteca Ideale Winner
* 2012 Lys Passioné Winner
* 2012 Tric Trac Nominee
What's New in Version 1.13
- Fixed multiplayer problems on iOS 7
Great Game With Big Replay Value
This game is great. While it may seem confusing or complicated at first, once you understand the game mechanics you will burn through games. Not sure if this is possible in the settings but it would be nice to turn off the animations or minimize the time between turns which would make it faster to play through a match. I find myself raging at the dice roll probabilities when I have a stronger ship that is defeated by a much weaker one but I guess that's just getting unlucky! For potential buyers of this game, think of it like a mix between galactic chess and Settlers of Catan. ;)
This is one of the best board games on iOS. It should be said that it runs sluggishly on my iPad mini gen 1 (not sure if it's sluggish on other hardware). Also, I do wish there were a few UI tweaks:
1. At the end of the game you are only shown your total score. I wish there was a break down of where your score came from. The end game is a bit anticlimactic. At least you can go back and look at the game board, I suppose.
2. When in battle, the health of your ship disappears in between animations. It would be much more useful if the health remained on screen.
Best Strategy Game for iOS
This is hands down the most fun game there is. I have played the board game maybe a handful of times but its so hard getting people together to play. With this game on my iPad I can play against anyone online or just play against a computer! Literally endless hours of fun with this! Its taking me awhile to remember all of the rules and I still keep losing to the computer but the ease of just pulling out the iPad and playing wherever i'm at is super nice!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 22, 2015
- Version: 1.13
- Size: 158 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Big Daddy's Creations, Wspolnik S.C.
- © 2013 Big Daddy's Creations
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.