Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy
By Big Daddy's Creations
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Alliances are shattering, and hasty diplomatic treaties are made in secrecy. A confrontation of the superpowers seems inevitable – only the outcome of the galactic conflict remains to be seen. Which faction will emerge victorious and rule the galaxy?
A game of Eclipse places you in control of a vast interstellar civilization, competing for success with its rivals. You will explore new star systems, research technologies, and build mighty spaceships. There are many potential paths to victory, so you need to plan your strategy considering the strengths and weaknesses of your species, while paying attention to the other civilizations' endeavors.
Eclipse other civilizations and lead your people to victory!
* Official iOS version of the 'Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy' boardgame
* Deep and challenging 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminate) gameplay
* 7 species with different strengths and weaknesses
* Customizable star systems, technology tree and ship designs
* Up to 6 players (human or AI)
* Asynchronous multiplayer with push notifications
* 3 AI difficulty levels
* In-game tutorial & manual
Eclipse received multiple awards:
* 2011 Charles S. Roberts Best Science-Fiction or Fantasy Board Wargame Nominee
* 2011 Jogo do Ano Nominee
* 2012 Golden Geek Board Game of the Year Winner
* 2012 Golden Geek Golden Geek Best Strategy Board Game Winner
* 2012 International Gamers Award - General Strategy: Multi-player Nominee
* 2012 JoTa Best Gamer Game Audience Award
* 2012 JUG Game of the Year Winner
* 2012 Ludoteca Ideale Winner
* 2012 Lys Passioné Winner
* 2012 Tric Trac Nominee
What's New in Version 2.0.5
- game timers for online games
- Influence action fixed
- music/sfx volume settings
- AI strategy fixes
- typos fixed
Used to be almost perfect
UPDATE (4 stars to 2 stars):
-- Latest updates fix some async issues, but have made the game sluggish and crashy. Wife and I could not finish our game.
A great adaptation of a massive board game to iOS, with a few quibbles:
-- Async works, but it is difficult/impossible to tell what the other players did between turns.
-- Chat does not persist between sessions.
-- Lack of color blind options. Not a problem for me, though sometimes the pink and orange look very close to each other.
-- Space battles require too many clicks.
-- Research discounts are not clear (even after playing through the tutorial). This discount is already computed, which is a good thing. So I don't understand why the research icons show little discount markers above them.
-- The minus signs for Advanced Robotics and Quantum Grid were confusing. In the board game these were plus signed because you gain influence tokens.
That may seem like a long list, but they are really minor things. Very much looking forward to the expansion!!!
I want to like it. But I have played a handful of times and the same thing keeps happening. The game appears to stop functioning and I am presented with an endless displays of the PASS button (even thugh no AI competitors appear to move in the interim). The only way I have found to continue is to exit tp the main menu and then select "Resume". But soon again it resumes this behavior. Basically a dead app for me now. Which is a REAL shame because if this worked it would be one of my faorite apps.
Used to be great
Like most of the others reviews I'm having the same experience of seeing a serious downfall in the last release. As it stands right now I'm unable to play any online games because I can't connect my Game Center account. If this is s board game you really like I would keep your eye on the app for when (hopefully) they fix these issues because this really is an impressive implementation.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 11, 2016
- Version: 2.0.5
- Size: 148 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Big Daddy's Creations, Wspolnik S.C.
- © 2016 Big Daddy's Creations
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.