ecobee makes it easier for you to maximize comfort and savings without compromising your lifestyle. With the ecobee app, you could enjoy whole home comfort by adjusting your lights and temperature settings anytime, anywhere. Away from home? Make sure you’re saving energy when it counts, and keep tabs on the rooms that matter most.
You can use the ecobee app to:
- Breeze through installation. Videos and diagrams walk you through each step.
- Stay comfortable. Set up your comfort schedule and preferences to your liking.
- Get peace of mind. Adjust your temperature, lighting, and preferences anywhere, anytime. Turn wayward light
- Save energy. Switch your ecobee thermostat from Home to Away mode, and by turn any wayward lights off.
- Keep everybody else happy, even when you’re away. Adjust settings for a house-sitter, or turn on the lights to reassure a nervous pup.
Because we never take our users’ feedback (and fiery wit) for granted, we want more of your thoughts. firstname.lastname@example.org
We're moving to the lucky number of updates—7.0.
You can now control the app from your Apple Watch (complications to follow soon), and new designations will begin to be added to your Home's profile, where you can name your Home and assign devices to it. All that, and an overall navigation revamp to boot.
Let us know what you think of this update at email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
I was using this app and was using the ecobee thermostat as I bought the one back in 2010 which was like almost $500 and was able to work with smart plugs and by the time I bought them and the module to enable this for plugs I won't even tell you how much I want to deep but EcoBee is a great product and always was they backed me up twice when my LCD screen had a problem and was not under warranty anymore plus gave me an extended warranty which you do not see other companies doing which was a plus but because of the fact that I use Wink hub I was on able to see this in my wink hub as a product anymore which upset me at first it worked but then it all of a sudden stopped at that point it did work with my Alexa when I asked that to raise or lower the temp but I will be honest with you I didn't have the money to buy The latest ecobee3 because I am now on disability and I really liked the old one and seeing that I paid all that money I didn't feel like I wanted to go and spend more money on top of it then I already had so my parents had a Nest and that worked showing up in my wink hub and worked with the commands with Alexa but to this day I am still upset that I can't use my over $400 ecobee smart thermostat hey has a beautiful colorful display and literally shows the whole week weather and if it would work with my wink hub again I would be so happy just saying
Why say it works with HomeKit when it does not
I have been heavily invested into the Apple infrastructure for sometime. While planning a major remodel on my house (approximately 4800sqft) I decided that it was time to integrate home automation into my plans. After looking at all the available options I decided to go with my gut and stay with in the Apple infrastructure and clearly saw that EcoBee was the one that set the bar.
After purchasing it and installing (very easy) I could not get the system to interact with Siri. I double checked and my Apple TVs all of my settings and one online looking to see what I missed. After no luck I gave in and called customer support thinking this should be easy. After waiting almost an hour for them to call me back I was told that they are aware that none of their products are currently working with HomeKit. I asked them how can you advertise you work with HomeKit when you're telling me you don't? They put the blame clearly on Apple and said they are working on a solution. I asked how long do you expect it to take? The response I got was a couple weeks. I asked how long have you been aware of this problem and their response was for a couple weeks. I am very disappointed in EcoBee as well as Apple for allowing them to advertise this as HomeKit compatible.
I'm still well within my return period and think that I may end up going to a nest as at least there seems to be plenty of support for them and I hear of very few problems.
Good app and thermostat with major caveats
The Ecobee thermostat in general is a well thought out device and the accompanying app works pretty well except these two issues. One is major and a potential deal breaker the other is just plain annoying.
1. The outside air temperature is based on temp sensors that may or may not be located close to your home. You have no control over what sensor you can use short of artificially changing your location to somewhere else. This doesn’t work for us. We live in a micro climate and the temp can be as much as 7 degrees off from the sensor. We’re up at 1300’ and the sensor is at sea level. So when it’s 40 at the sensor and say, 35 up at the house, the heat pump will run continuously trying to heat the house. I have to manually select AUX to get the gas furnace to kick in. But the temp delta is not consistent. Sometimes it matches. It just depends on whether we’re in an inversion, etc. And if I forget, then I run through a ton of propane heating the house when a heat pump would be more appropriate. So please, let me use an ecobee room sensor located on my porch to record outside air temps. So easy yet when I call, it’s painfully obvious that this is not something ecobee is interested in fixing. Very sad.
2. The app keeps logging out. A serious PITA when I try to access the ecobee widget.
- 189.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © ecobee inc. 2018
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.