• A morning briefing from the editors of The Economist
• Brand new content delivered 6 days a week
• Free to download with access to one article daily for non-subscribers
The Economist Espresso is a new morning briefing from the editors of The Economist. Delivered to your smartphone or inbox before breakfast, it tells you what’s on the global agenda in the coming day, what to look out for in business, finance and politics and, most importantly, what to make of it.
The Economist Espresso is published each weekday morning in three editions for the Americas, Europe and Asia.
• The Economist Espresso is free to download.
• One article of your choosing can be read for free daily.
• You are able to purchase a monthly subscription to full edition of The Economist Espresso for GBP £4.99 / USD $4.99 / EUR €2.99 / HK $23.00
• If you are an existing subscriber to The Economist,with digital entitlement, full access to Espresso is now included with your subscription.
• Brand new content delivered 6 days a week
• Published each weekday morning in three editions for the Americas, Europe and Asia
• Automatically delivered to your smartphone before breakfast
• Subscribe for GBP £4.99 / USD $4.99 / EUR €2.99 / HK $23.00 a month, you will be charged in your local currency at the prevailing exchange rate as defined by iTunes.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
• Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the price of the original subscription.
• You can manage auto-renew of your subscription in your iTunes account settings.
• The app offers a subscription with a free trial period of one month. At the end of the trial period, full price of the subscription will be charged thereafter.
• You may cancel a subscription during its free trial period via the subscription setting through your iTunes account. This must be done 24 hours before the end of the subscription period to avoid being charged. Please visit http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098 for more information.
• You may turn off the auto-renewal of your subscription via your Account Settings. However, you are not able to cancel the current subscription during its active period
ABOUT THE ECONOMIST ESPRESSO
The Economist Espresso is part of The Economist weekly international news and business publication offering independent and clear reporting, commentary and analysis on world current affairs; business, finance, science and technology, culture, society, media and the arts.
Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
The perfect morning ☕️
The Economist Espresso has become a valuable part of my morning routine. It provides the same quality global reporting and commentary in flowing prose that I have come to expect from the Economist Group. It survey’s recent stories I should know. And it is especially effective at covering global news which others fail to cover.
The most valuable part of the Espresso app is its brevity. The app allows me to read the news in a tight morning schedule without going down the online news rabbit hole. Like many, I strive to get the quote every morning as a reward for reading all six pages.
Keep up the good work!
Not getting better ....
I have used the app for at least 5 years now. It’s my usual cycling companion. Little by little I have watched the engineering decline and judgement grow worse.
Bluetooth buffering has been a consistent flaw that they can’t seem to get right. On certain devices when there is a pause, the resumption is delayed. Poor QA practices.
UI is not really improving and in the audio section is plain bad.
I pay for the subscription. Can I expect not to have to “swipe left” to avoid the upfront ad? The swipe is poorly done so 3 out of times you end up clicking. That’s called a clickbait - is that Economist wishes?
When first introduced, it was annoying. Now that it is always shown even when you are simply returning to continue on the article you were reading or listening to, it’s just plain offensive. You think that extra half a cent worth the damage to you brand’s image?
Poor judgement on the app diminishes a great magazine.
Best news app ever!
This is an incredible news app! I've never felt more motivated than now to keep up to date with the news. This app carefully selects a handful of stories each day to read and you can track your progress by checking the boxes next to each story. Easy to use, excellent journalism, up-to-date and objective news briefings. Highly recommended!!!
- The Economist Newspaper Group Inc.
- 71.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © The Economist Newspaper Limited 2017
- In-App Purchases
- Espresso monthly subscription $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.