EDGE touch is a full featured pixel art editor for the iPhone and iPod
Pixels can be drawn directly by tapping. It makes creating pixel art
enjoyable and easy anytime, anywhere.
- Supports from 1x1 to 320x480 pixels
- Basic drawing functions like freehand, straight line, square, ellipse, etc
- Tap & hold to copy colors like an eyedropper tool
- Cancel actions by tapping with a second finger while drawing
- Undo and Redo
- Grid display (configurable)
- Adjustable RGB and HLS color space in the color palette
- Layer link, for editing two or more layers at the same time (move, copy,
paste, etc. within the range of selection)
- Two views at the same time: one actual size, the other zoomed in
- Onionskin (Tracing)
- File Sharing (PNG / GIF / Animated GIF / EDGE touch file format)
- Fixed a bug that the transparency state may not be canceled when zooming with the background color transparency function of the selected range turned on.
- Fixed a bug that redrawing of the middle grid was not done when moving the selection range with both small grid and medium grid displayed.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is amazing!
This has everything I’d ever need!
...except for a way to change the opacity of the layer. Just add that, and it’s a 5 star from me!
Amazing on every level
This app is the best pixel art app on the AppStore. It has many useful features like making circles, animation, layer options, straight line, creating custom color palettes, and many more. It integrates the touch screen really well also. Being able to select a color by just holding on it is a huge convenience. There are also many options to change, like changing many tools are to be displayed and creating a custom grid. I only have a few problems. First, they need to add an option to create folders to sort your art, and second, it would be nice to be able to make larger images (However 320x480 is more than enough for most things). This app is definitely worth the $3. Overall, it a great pixel art app for people who have been doing pixel art for a while, or for beginners.
Don't misunderstand it
Just to let you know, this is a great app. If you need app that is good for pixel art, this is the only one that helps you the most and the most appropriate tools for it. This is not a simple drawing tool, if you didn't notice that.
Also, some people complain about importing. You can only import TO PC's application, EDGE, not import from PC to iPhone.(btw sorry, I'm not sure if EDGE is usable for mac) it's just like dj tool app called iMaschine- not that you know it. iMaschine will let you creat a decent music, but you'll end up getting a actual Maschine to finish the job. Same idea goes here.
Besides, drawing a perfect pixel art for D0, D4, HD size would be notouriously difficult just with this app. Also I don't think you can invisiblize the color with this app either.
In the end, this app is more like supporting app of the PC application EDGE. It still works, and person who needs to make D4 size animation but has college classes and can't sit on the computer to do it, it will be a lot of help.
However, this app
-can use import support. Not required though.
-crashes quite often. May need update to fix that.
I would only recommend getting this if
•you have PC
•needs pixel art-to-go and finish up at home with EDGE
•you have PATIENCE. It takes time to draw a pixel art. It won't be a doodle time.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.