Edibles is a computer application software that is made available for your ease of use on your iPhone. Use Edibles to track and count calories 'wherever you are' right from your mobile phone. We know you are not always at your computer when enjoying a meal or snack.
Edibles is the most reliable and intuitive calorie journal available for iPhone and iPod Touch. It comes with everything you need to achieve a healthy lifestyle. " Makes food journaling FUN!" - MacStudio
"If I can lose 40 pounds, you can, too! Download Edibles, start losing poundage now!" - iPhone Life Magazine
Studies have shown that maintaining a diet journal while dieting can actually *double* your weight loss.
- Tracks calories and automatically deducts it from configurable daily, weekly, and exercise pools.
- Tracks exercise and automatically adds the calories you earn from your exercise to your exercise calorie pool.
- Keeps a user-defined database of your favorite foods so that you never have to enter the same food twice.
- Keeps daily entries as long as you choose to have them.
- Built-in programmable calculator can be configured to calculate nutritional information.
- Food categories allow you to track specific food types you want to be sure you eat daily. It does this automatically without having to manually choose "Water", "Vegetables", "Fruit" etc.
- Automatically resets weekly allowances on a specific configured day.
- Displays unused daily allowance as a badge on the application icon.
- Keeps a chart of your weight and allows you to track your progress toward your goal.
- Calculates and displays your BMI with other weight statistics such as current weight, average lost, total lost, etc.
- Fully supports metric and european units.
- Does not force you to use a cluttered database full of foods that you never eat. Database is defined by you to include only the things you want. If you need to find a food, Edibles includes the ability to search over 500,000 foods and add them individually to your food list. (iPhone OS 3.x ONLY)
- Automatically calculates your daily caloric needs.
NOTE: It is possible to configure Edibles to track things other than calories, such as carbs, sodium, etc, but you can only track one item at a time (ie: ONLY calories, or ONLY carbs... etc)
What makes Edibles unique and better than other diet journals?
Edibles is optimized around fast entry of log entries. Most diets track one particular thing as part of one's diet. Be it calories, carbs, sodium or whatever. Because Edibles tracks *only* calories, it's UI isn't cluttered with extra bits of nutritional information that aren't useful to you.
Edibles does not require an internet connection for day to day use. However, when you combine Edibles with the free Edibles Online service, you gain peace of mind, knowing that your Edibles data is safe and secure. This is because Edibles has the ability to backup and restore all your foods and weights, and up to 60 days of your log entries.
Edibles Online even gives you the ability to enter your Edibles foods using your PC through the web! That means you don’t need to spend all your time hunting and pecking on the iPhone keyboard. You can just go to Edibles Online and type it in! After downloading, it's available in Edibles for you to use when you log your meals.
Check out some of our reviews:
"It's simple to use... Check it out, especially if scribbling on paper feels "so last millennium" to you..." - HUNGRY-GIRL.COM
"Love Love Love it! ... Can't say it enough!" - Urnski
"Sure to be a hit with anybody who is fighting the battle of the bulge." - The Unofficial Apple Weblog
- Log meal for today user interface updated
- Log activity for today user interface updated
- Online food search database updated
Ratings and Reviews
Has this app been abandoned?
App crashes. NO customer support! Random Ideas was the original developer & they were great. New company is totally non-responsive
They've let a really good app just hanging.
Edibles is the best app for WW
I have been using Edibles since 11/08 to track points for weight watchers. With a little customization, it can record every aspect of the WW system and can calculate WW points within the program. The weekly points counter and the rollover option for exercise points work flawlessly. By far and away this is the most-used function on my phone. I always have my phone with me, and therefore always have my means of tracking points. When you first get started, it may seem daunting that the developers chose to write the program without a built-in food database, but you'll soon find that it's a lot more customized if you enter your common items as you go. Also, in the long run it's the total number of points that counts, not having a record of every single item eaten -- so in addition to my custom list, I also have a generic category for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack and misc -- that way if you need to enter points for something that you're not likely to have again you don't have to create a category just for that. I really can't say enough about this app -- It has seen me through a 42 lb weight loss and has been the best tool I've had to help me through the process. Now that I'm on maintenance I still use it religiously and it is helping me self-calibrate and maintain my new weight.
Beautiful but hollow - Especially when being charged for it
When I first started to play with Edibles, I was really pleased. Very nice interface, seemed to capture the right amount of information, and then I discovered, in my opinion, the massive flaw in this program - no existing database. Now, in fairness, after I bought the program, the developer went back and made that more clear in the description of the application. Nonetheless, I was totally surprised. And the reason I was given of "customers say they don't want to sort through loads of items they don't want to use" is frankly pretty flimsy. Give them an option to delete what they don't use. Or, as a number of programs do, have the ability to see the last 100 items you selected (figuring you're likely to want them again). The time it takes to wade through a lot of entries you "don't want" is still significantly less than the time it takes to enter all the entries you do want (unless you eat a very limited diet, and then the Top 100 items feature would cover that). So for me, who travels a lot for business and wanted this to help me track calories, the lack of a database made this program useless. If that would be an issue for you as well, then dig around some more in the App Store where you can find a free program with a database and an interface that is nearly as good as Edibles.
So the interface deserves 5 stars (really does), the lack of database deserves 1 star, and thus I give this 2 stars.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.