Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Editorial is a plain text editor for iOS with powerful automation tools and a beautiful inline preview for Markdown, TaskPaper, and Fountain documents.
* Inline Markdown/Fountain Preview – With Editorial's subtle syntax highlighting, you can see your document's formatting immediately while you're writing. And when you need a full HTML preview, it's just a swipe away.
* Extensible with Workflows and Scripts – Select from over 50 text processing actions to create your own workflows for extending Editorial's feature set. For even more advanced automation, you can write Python scripts with an integrated code and UI editor.
* Dropbox Sync – The sync folder is customizable, so you can easily edit your documents with multiple apps.
* Smart Keyboard – The extended keyboard was specifically designed for writing Markdown and includes all the special characters you need. You can also control the cursor with simple swipe gestures.
* Snippets – Quickly insert frequently-used pieces of text by typing abbreviations. Snippets can include dynamic text, e.g. the current date or clipboard contents. TextExpander™ snippets are also supported.
* In-App Browser – If you need to do some quick research while writing, you don't have to leave the app for that. You can even open multiple tabs.
* "Folding" allows you to quickly hide individual sections of your document while you're writing.
*** *** ***
“It would be hard to imagine a better editor, let alone recommend one that actually exists.” — The Verge
“This is it. Editorial sets a new standard for third-party iOS automation, and, for me, there’s no going back.” — Federico Viticci, MacStories
“Editorial just reinvented iOS text editing.” — Merlin Mann
What's New in Version 1.3.3
Bugfixes for Dropbox sync and workflows with custom UI.
Don't waste your time or money on this dog of an app
Spent over a hour with this buggy and largely unusable text editor. Impossible to get back to file menu once doc is complete; top row of keys appears and disappears; slide finger to move cursor does not work unless top row is absent and no evident way to make that happen consistently. You can begin new doc at first but then next to impossible to start another doc or return to menu. Only thing that functions as it should is the share sheet. Sure the cost is cheap but you get what you pay for and in this case you get next to nothing. The positive reviewers for this app must either be shills or living in a fantasy world.
good, can be great
good app, can be great
1) dropbox support: open app, start typing. Dropbox sync occurs and changes are garbled.
2) good to know number of items in a list. if you have an indented check list, show the count in the little box used for drag and dropping lines
3) would be nice to be able to delete lines using the little line drag box on the right side. perhaps holding it down without moving for a second can open up an actionsheet menu with options to delete the line or anything else useful
When can these be expected to be implemented?
Still an amazing app! more than happy to update my ratings
Swiss Army knife
There is really no replacement for Editorial. You can do just about anything with it due to its high level of integration with Python. Need a way to collect data or write in an organized fashion? Create a template and use a bit of Python or built-in prompts for user inputs. Need to parse data into human readable form? Python will do it and then get it into Markdown, HTML or other format. Then preview or export to another app or PDF. It has Dropbox integration and it works well although I can't seem to Image.save or Editor.set_file_contents successfully to Dropbox. Anyway, I'm building a journaling workflow for my wife and I'm really close to deprecating DayOne Classic. Wish I could use this at work.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 29, 2017
- Version: 1.3.3
- Size: 274 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ole Zorn
- © 2015 omz:software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.