Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Editorial is a plain text editor for the iPad with powerful automation tools and a beautiful inline preview for writing Markdown.
You can combine a large selection of simple text processing actions into your very own workflows — all in an intuitive drag'n'drop interface that makes it easy to see what's happening.
* Inline Markdown Preview – You can always swipe left to switch to a full HTML preview.
* Extensible with Workflows – More than 50 configurable actions can be combined into powerful workflows for extending Editorial's feature set.
* Scriptable with Python – You can also integrate scripts into your workflows for even more advanced automation.
* Sync with Dropbox – You can store your documents in a configurable Dropbox folder, and even view comparisons with older versions to see the progress you've made.
* Smart Keyboard – The extended keyboard was specifically designed for writing Markdown and includes all the special characters you need.
* Snippets – Quickly insert frequently-used pieces of text by typing abbreviations. Snippets can include dynamic text like the current date or clipboard contents. TextExpander™ snippets are also supported.
* In-App Browser – If you need to do some quick research while writing, you don't have to leave the app for that.
* Full Documentation – Editorial comes with a complete set of documentation for all the different workflow actions and Python modules. Help is directly accessible from the workflow and Python editors.
*** *** ***
“It would be hard to imagine a better editor, let alone recommend one that actually exists.” — The Verge
“This is it. Editorial sets a new standard for third-party iOS automation, and, for me, there’s no going back.” — Federico Viticci, MacStories
“Editorial just reinvented iOS text editing.” — Merlin Mann
What's New in Version 1.1.1
* You can no longer download or open Python files from Dropbox.
* New setting to specify additional file extensions that should be downloaded from Dropbox automatically (e.g. images)
* TaskPaper mode:
- It is now easier to mark tasks as done in the iPhone version: Simply drag the right margin to the left.
- New setting to strike-out @done tasks.
* Browser bookmarks can now be reordered on the iPhone.
* Fixed bugs with updating TextExpander snippets.
* Fixed an issue with UI workflows not being saved on iPhone.
* Fixed a crash in the workflow editor when using a variable for single-line text fields.
* Fixed various bugs in the ui module
Editorial has allowed me to delete all the other note-taking and text-editing programs I'd been using from my phone and iPad. I've always been one to jot down little notes, and this type of program makes it far easier to do that and to use the search function to actually find info later.
Of the many apps I've tried, Editorial has the best ability to grow with you, allowing you to use Markdown or MultiMarkdown, to control many settings, and my favorite, to have Markdown headings work as an interactive table of contents. As a graduate student, I write long essays in here, so having an easy way to jump between sections is golden.
Before Editorial, I always hemmed and hawed when recommending similar apps to people, since I was never fully satisfied—one app would always have a feature another didn't. But now I happily just recommend this one.
My only suggestion for an improvement would be that the new "@done" strikethrough work in the Markdown mode as well as the TaskPaper one, but that's an extremely minor wish.
Best iOS app ever
Can't even begin to say how important this app is to my work. Can do literally anything you can think of doing with text/documents, and with x-callback-url support, it's become the command center of my iPad, jumping from this app to the other with a single keyboard shortcut (that I create myself!), sending text hither and yon, it's ridiculous. New TaskPaper support is great, don't have to use the cumbersome TaskPaper app anymore, thank God. One glitch that's currently in there, one-line pop up text dialogs don't bring the cursor focus to them, so I have to use my finger to focus into them after they've popped up. Sure this will be fixed soon. Thanks Ole, you are a genius.
This app has been blowing my mind since I first downloaded it a few months ago. The capabilities are just amazing. It seems like there's nothing that you can't do with test when using this app. It's truly amazing. Once you learn a little bit of markdown, you can post photos to your blog using plain text, you can automatically send formatted emails, you can create markdown formatting with a tap.
There is so much potential that I haven't explored in the. 1.0 release and now 1.1 is out with even more capability. Amazing!
I've been wanting to learn Python for a couple years and now I have the motivation to do it. I'll be able to use my new Python skills to do useful things with my iPad and not just make little games on hue he PC like all the books show you.
This is such a great app and now available on the iPhone. Amazing!
Update: I've learned a little bit of Python now and I'm able to pull information from contacts to send emails automatically, sort lists of data and more! Such a great app!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 19, 2014
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 38.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ole Zorn
- © 2013 omz:software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.