By Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Corporation
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
eDrawings® Pro is the professional 2D and 3D CAD collaboration app for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch that can view native SolidWorks® files (part, assembly, drawings), eDrawings files and DraftSight® (DWG™, DXF™) files. You can easily view models and access configurations, drawing sheets, and exploded views for eDrawings files published from SolidWorks and all other supported CAD software.
Markup! Measure! Section! eDrawings® Pro takes you to the next level of 2D and 3D collaboration with more functionality, including dynamic cross section views, measurements, markups & annotations and the unique ability to share it all by email!
eDrawings includes Augmented Reality (AR). This allows you to view your 3D models in 1:1 scale into the real world. By simply activating the device’s camera, you can bring your virtual 3D designs in a real context and see them in situ, sitting on your desk or on your conference room table or even in the palm of your hand, through your iPad, Pad mini, iPhone or iPod Touch’s screen. Move around the room and see your design from any perspective.
With an intuitive user interface, eDrawings® Pro enables you to dynamically view cross sections of your models in XY, YZ, or ZX directions from both sides and easily drag the cross section plane on screen or with a convenient slider. You can also measure distances in your designs, with easy-to-use selection filters for faces, edges, vertices and holes.
With eDrawings® Pro you can create markups on your drawings, including text notes, freehand notations, dimensions, cross-section views, photos and camera snapshots.
You can share your marked up eDrawings files with others for review and further comments. All markups with history are saved within the eDrawings file.
* Intuitive and easy-to-use user interface
* Visualize your 3D models in real context with Augmented Reality (AR)
* Open 3D (EASM, EPRT, SLDASM, SLDPRT), 2D (EDRW, SLDDRW, DWG, DXF) and associated files from any source: email attachments, cloud storage services (Dropbox™, SkyDrive®, Google Drive, YouSendIt®, and others), email, web and FTP sites, networks, and iTunes® File Sharing
* Zoom, pan, and rotate your 3D and 2D CAD data using multi-touch
* Browse your assembly components tree, model configurations and drawing sheets
* Hide, show, or make components transparent
* Select View mode: standard orthogonal views, shaded with edges, perspective view
* Play animated 3D standard views as well as 2D drawing views
* View your designs in full screen and double tap to fit it on screen
* Double tap zooms to drawing views
* Markup your designs and send to others and read others’ markups
* Measure your design data
* View cross sections of your 3D designs, even in AR mode
* Adapt the scale of your 3D model in AR mode
* Freeze the background in AR mode with viewpoint lock to prolong AR experience without holding up your device.
* Sample files included
For more information, visit:
What's New in Version 5.0.0
Add VR Mode
Add SolidWorks 2017 File Support
I understand the marker to place your object into the real world, but there is no functionality to keep the object in-place and hold it still so you can walk around it and view from different angles. When I was using it for an object that was 17 1/2” wide by 39” tall, I was struggling to get it in the screen because it kept having to check for the marker. Please make it so you can keep the object in the space without having to keep the marker in the camera focus the whole time. Other than that, this is great and is basically what I’m needing it to do.
I want to say that the app actually works just fine. It's a good app. I find it really handy for reviewing CAD data on the go. Don't let the negative reviews deter you. This is a good price for the capability you are getting. Also, the controls are well done and I find it easier to zoom/pan/rotate on a mobile device than on a desktop
Can't open your own files
I am disappointed because this was a waste of time and money. I rarely purchase apps and thought this one would be worth buying. I bought this about a week ago. Too bad there were no reviews yet for this version at the time. I emailed them about the issue on November 30th and haven't received any response yet. Their non pro app isn't even free so there's no way to try it before buying the pro version. I really hope they fix this soon cause I was really looking forward to using this.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 16, 2016
- Version: 5.0.0
- Size: 162 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Corporation
- © 1999-2016 Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.