By Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
eDrawings® Pro is the professional 2D and 3D CAD collaboration app for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch that can view native SolidWorks® files (part, assembly, drawings), eDrawings files and DraftSight® (DWG™, DXF™) files. You can easily view models and access configurations, drawing sheets, and exploded views for eDrawings files published from SolidWorks and all other supported CAD software.
Markup! Measure! Section! eDrawings® Pro takes you to the next level of 2D and 3D collaboration with more functionality, including dynamic cross section views, measurements, markups & annotations and the unique ability to share it all by email!
eDrawings includes Augmented Reality (AR). This allows you to view your 3D models in 1:1 scale into the real world. By simply activating the device’s camera, you can bring your virtual 3D designs in a real context and see them in situ, sitting on your desk or on your conference room table or even in the palm of your hand, through your iPad, Pad mini, iPhone or iPod Touch’s screen. Move around the room and see your design from any perspective.
With an intuitive user interface, eDrawings® Pro enables you to dynamically view cross sections of your models in XY, YZ, or ZX directions from both sides and easily drag the cross section plane on screen or with a convenient slider. You can also measure distances in your designs, with easy-to-use selection filters for faces, edges, vertices and holes.
With eDrawings® Pro you can create markups on your drawings, including text notes, freehand notations, dimensions, cross-section views, photos and camera snapshots.
You can share your marked up eDrawings files with others for review and further comments. All markups with history are saved within the eDrawings file.
* Intuitive and easy-to-use user interface
* Visualize your 3D models in real context with Augmented Reality (AR)
* Open 3D (EASM, EPRT, SLDASM, SLDPRT), 2D (EDRW, SLDDRW, DWG, DXF) and associated files from any source: email attachments, cloud storage services (Dropbox™, SkyDrive®, Google Drive, YouSendIt®, and others), email, web and FTP sites, networks, and iTunes® File Sharing
* Zoom, pan, and rotate your 3D and 2D CAD data using multi-touch
* Browse your assembly components tree, model configurations and drawing sheets
* Hide, show, or make components transparent
* Select View mode: standard orthogonal views, shaded with edges, perspective view
* Play animated 3D standard views as well as 2D drawing views
* View your designs in full screen and double tap to fit it on screen
* Double tap zooms to drawing views
* Markup your designs and send to others and read others’ markups
* Measure your design data
* View cross sections of your 3D designs, even in AR mode
* Adapt the scale of your 3D model in AR mode
* Freeze the background in AR mode with viewpoint lock to prolong AR experience without holding up your device.
* Sample files included
For more information, visit:
What's New in Version 5.0.0
Add VR Mode
Add SolidWorks 2017 File Support
I purchased this app a couple of years ago and it worked fine for a while. For the last year or so I have been unable to open any more solidworks files with it. The option to open with eDrawings just doesn't show up on my 6S Plus with the latest iOS. I was unsuccessful to resolve this issue despite several email communications with their customer service. It was a very useful app while it worked, I am very disappointed that it is still on sale and it doesn't work.
Instantly crashes opening SW-2017 files
Can't even start to use the app. Instantly crashes upon opening file. Have tried small and small part files. Totally worthless
Does not open user files. Same complaint for over one year now. I'm reporting this to Apple.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 16, 2016
- Version: 5.0.0
- Size: 162 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Corporation
- © 1999-2016 Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.