By Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
eDrawings® Pro is the professional 2D and 3D CAD collaboration app for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch that can view native SolidWorks® files (part, assembly, drawings), eDrawings files and DraftSight® (DWG™, DXF™) files. You can easily view models and access configurations, drawing sheets, and exploded views for eDrawings files published from SolidWorks and all other supported CAD software.
Markup! Measure! Section! eDrawings® Pro takes you to the next level of 2D and 3D collaboration with more functionality, including dynamic cross section views, measurements, markups & annotations and the unique ability to share it all by email!
eDrawings includes Augmented Reality (AR). This allows you to view your 3D models in 1:1 scale into the real world. By simply activating the device’s camera, you can bring your virtual 3D designs in a real context and see them in situ, sitting on your desk or on your conference room table or even in the palm of your hand, through your iPad, Pad mini, iPhone or iPod Touch’s screen. Move around the room and see your design from any perspective.
With an intuitive user interface, eDrawings® Pro enables you to dynamically view cross sections of your models in XY, YZ, or ZX directions from both sides and easily drag the cross section plane on screen or with a convenient slider. You can also measure distances in your designs, with easy-to-use selection filters for faces, edges, vertices and holes.
With eDrawings® Pro you can create markups on your drawings, including text notes, freehand notations, dimensions, cross-section views, photos and camera snapshots.
You can share your marked up eDrawings files with others for review and further comments. All markups with history are saved within the eDrawings file.
* Intuitive and easy-to-use user interface
* Visualize your 3D models in real context with Augmented Reality (AR)
* Open 3D (EASM, EPRT, SLDASM, SLDPRT), 2D (EDRW, SLDDRW, DWG, DXF) and associated files from any source: email attachments, cloud storage services (Dropbox™, SkyDrive®, Google Drive, YouSendIt®, and others), email, web and FTP sites, networks, and iTunes® File Sharing
* Zoom, pan, and rotate your 3D and 2D CAD data using multi-touch
* Browse your assembly components tree, model configurations and drawing sheets
* Hide, show, or make components transparent
* Select View mode: standard orthogonal views, shaded with edges, perspective view
* Play animated 3D standard views as well as 2D drawing views
* View your designs in full screen and double tap to fit it on screen
* Double tap zooms to drawing views
* Markup your designs and send to others and read others’ markups
* Measure your design data
* View cross sections of your 3D designs, even in AR mode
* Adapt the scale of your 3D model in AR mode
* Freeze the background in AR mode with viewpoint lock to prolong AR experience without holding up your device.
* Sample files included
For more information, visit:
What's New in Version 3.3.1
- SOLIDWORKS 2015 support
- iOS 8 support
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus support
Measure tool useless
No real bells and whistles, fine. Streamlined interface, nice. Configurations and exploded views, sweet! But the reason I dropped 10 bucks on an app? The measure tool, to allow useful collaboration. Simple right? How can you screw up the measure tool? Oh, turns out it's easy. ITS TOO SMALL TO READ! Brilliant Dassault Systemes! You always seem to disappoint by botching straightforward essential functionality. Here's a tip: There's a forest before the trees.
This is a perfect example of what an fail vision for an app is.
You can’t use it as a “File viewer” to gain access to your cloud files(google drive or iCloud)
So the only way that I’ve found to use it is attempt to find the files itself first, then hope that edrawings is listed under the apps allowed to open it. But it only actually shows up 1/2 the time.
If you try to open a DWG file(it claims it can do this) the app will crash and not prompt a report to be sent.
Not worth the time and money have to use older acad files 2004 and before and can't find how to turn layers on and off, not very useful, help documents show things that are not on the screen
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 06, 2014
- Version: 3.3.1
- Size: 49.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Corporation
- © 1999-2014 Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.